Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

This weekends fixtures

Sport London was abandoned after 80 after a mass brawl!

must be a bad one if the ref called it off!

if it was bad enough to call off then surely it would be a matter for the local consabulary, most "brawls" ive witnessed end up with 2 or 3 players off at worst.

The Referee was correct to abd the game going on what I have heard.

And before Cliff ask me the question I was not at the hallowed turf that is Coles Park but minding my own business in East London taking in a FA Cup tie.

If the referee was correct to abandon the game, from what you've heard Peter, what I've heard he may have been the cause of it from the way he handled the game. But the officials are never to blame are they?

So you are saying that it was the conduct of the officials that caused the game to be abd and they are to blame?

No, you're saying that the official was correct to abandon the game from general hearsay.

I would suggest to you that if there was an incident, the players involved should get punished, by the referee, on the field with cards, unless the official has lost control and is not aware of what is going on.

If an official has lost control of a game, would you not say he was to blame?

You have heard one version of events, I have heard another.

I'm only going by comments that were passed onto me.

The seriousness of the incident would have given the Referee no option but to abd the game.

I don't know what led to the incident or who was to blame. I have no information if, in your words, the Referee lost control of the game.

I don't comment on here very often but i do when people use the forum to act as judge and jury.

You confirmed and affirmed that the official was right to abandon the game by someone´s version of events.

I just suggested to you what MAY have happened was that the official was partly responsible.

When would you, for example Peter, bring out your red cards to 2 players guilty of a brawl or have no option but to abandon a game?

if it was bad enough to call off then surely it would be a matter for the local consabulary, most "brawls" ive witnessed end up with 2 or 3 players off at worst.

And before Cliff ask me the question I was not at the hallowed turf that is Coles Park but minding my own business in East London taking in a FA Cup tie.

If the referee was correct to abandon the game, from what you've heard Peter, what I've heard he may have been the cause of it from the way he handled the game. But the officials are never to blame are they?

So you are saying that it was the conduct of the officials that caused the game to be abd and they are to blame?

No, you're saying that the official was correct to abandon the game from general hearsay.

I would suggest to you that if there was an incident, the players involved should get punished, by the referee, on the field with cards, unless the official has lost control and is not aware of what is going on.

The seriousness of the incident would have given the Referee no option but to abd the game.

I don't know what led to the incident or who was to blame. I have no information if, in your words, the Referee lost control of the game.

I don't comment on here very often but i do when people use the forum to act as judge and jury.

You confirmed and affirmed that the official was right to abandon the game by someone´s version of events.

I just suggested to you what MAY have happened was that the official was partly responsible.

When would you, for example Peter, bring out your red cards to 2 players guilty of a brawl or have no option but to abandon a game?

I'm not judge and jury as you say.

I have not accused a Club or an individual of any act of misconduct on this forum.

I am simply passing on a version of events that I was told took place. If this version is correct then I would have taken the same action as the Referee.

The information I have is only to the incident that caused the game to be abd. I have no information as to what occurred in the previous 79 mins and if the Referee had lost control of the match.

You too were not at the game so your version of events is also hearsay.

I'm not judge and jury as you say.

I have not accused a Club or an individual of any act of misconduct on this forum.

I am simply passing on a version of events that I was told took place. If this version is correct then I would have taken the same action as the Referee.

The information I have is only to the incident that caused the game to be abd. I have no information as to what occurred in the previous 79 mins and if the Referee had lost control of the match.

You too were not at the game so your version of events is also hearsay.

The difference Peter was that I did not confirm that the referee was right or not to abandon the game, whereas you did.

@Special1.

Based on what I had heard then the Referee was correct to abd the game.

What bit do you find difficult to understand?

this is what i heard...........

Red Card given to Sport Benfica player in the first half he refused to leave the field for 20 minutes. At this stage the ref was going to abandon the game at this stage but he was coaxed off and the game continued.....(so the ref was already losing control!!)

2nd half at about the 75 min mark a 2nd Sport Benfica player was given a red card....( ref nearly losing total control!!)

player left field of play only to return with a shovel and start attacking players - cue another brawl and the game abandoned.....(ref lost total control!!)

you just cant get decent officials these days!!

Special1 not at the game AGAIN, now there's a surprise.

That Benfica mob of yours are homeless, clueless and pointless.....take a hike back to the Middlesex League and do everyone a favour haha

Yesterday's eagerly awaited attendance, sorry, attendances and some match reports:

Saturday 28 August

F.A. Cup Preliminary Round

2 1 Burnham v Chalfont St Peter

5 1 Burnham Ramblers v Haringey Borough

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=116356&conf=&div=

2 2 Cheshunt v Cockfosters

0 0 Colney Heath v FC Clacton

2 0 Crawley Green v Harefield United

4 2 Maldon & Tiptree v Hertford Town

1 2 Marlow v London Colney

4 1 Oxhey Jets v St Margaretsbury

http://www.oxheyjets.com/

3 2 Tring Athletic v AFC Hayes

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1298

Premier Division

0 4 Biggleswade United v Leverstock Green

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20100828

1 5 Broxbourne Borough v Royston Town

5 2 Hatfield Town v Langford

'72'

3 1 Hillingdon Borough v Stotfold

2 1 Holmer Green v Dunstable Town

http://www.dunstabletownfc.org.uk/live.php

2 3 Kingsbury London Tigers v Hanwell Town

Division One

2 1 Ampthill Town v Amersham Town

2 0 Buckingham Athletic v London Lions

0 1 Cranfield United v St Albans City Reserves

2 3 Harpenden Town v Bedford Town Reserves

A Sport London e Benfica v Kings Langley

0 5 Stony Stratford Town v Berkhamsted

http://thecomrades.wordpress.com/

3 2 Sun Postal Sports v New Bradwell St Peter

0 1 Welwyn Garden City v Bedford

0 0 Wodson Park v AFC Dunstable

Division Two

1 3 Bletchley Town v Caddington

0 2 Bucks Students Union v Brache Sparta Community

2 4 Kent Athletic v Padbury United

0 8 MK Wanderers v Totternhoe

2 1 Mursley United v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

3 1 Risborough Rangers v Old Bradwell United

3 2 The 61 FC v Aston Clinton

2 1 Tring Corinthians v Winslow United

Reserve Division One

2 2 AFC Dunstable Reserves v St Margaretsbury Reserves (at Creasey Park)

8 1 Hadley Reserves v Ampthill Town Reserves

3 1 Hatfield Town Reserves v Holmer Green Reserves

1 2 Kings Langley Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

0 1 Langford Reserves v Cockfosters Reserves

2 2 Royston Town Reserves v Harpenden Town Reserves

2 2 Stotfold Reserves v London Colney Reserves

3 3 Wodson Park Reserves v Crawley Green Reserves

I blame the referee. Surely he should have made sure that all shovels were properly secured before the game?

That's surely Haringey Borough's responsibility as Sport London e Benfica's landlords

Not at the game because my mum is terminally ill with Cancer and unfortunately people don't have the luxury of deciding when their family fall ill and when they can visit.

If you´re trying to copycat Rhodesy and obtain his crown as being the biggest d*ck on here, ref off ref, I don't know who u are but ur going the right way about it.

Not original though.

Rhodes has done it all already and look where it´s got him!

But it's good you're trying to better yourself by choosing an idol in Rhodes.

Keep trying and you may reach high enough to kiss his heels soon.

Same [censored], different day. I agree with Derek Dougan. I witnessed first hand last season the disgraceful way which SLEB handle theselves in the SSMFL and the League have got exactly what they deserved by allowing another rag ass rovers side into the League. Cant believe someone is trying to blame the officials. No matter how bad his decision making is, nothing justifies players refusing to leave the field of play and/or bringing garden implements onto the field of play.

My guess is that SLEB will get a £50 fine and a quick blow job behind the bike sheds from one of the League officers........

Not at the game because my mum is terminally ill with Cancer and unfortunately people don't have the luxury of deciding when their family fall ill and when they can visit.

If you´re trying to copycat Rhodesy and obtain his crown as being the biggest d*ck on here, ref off ref, I don't know who u are but ur going the right way about it.

Not original though.

Special1 - sorry to hear about your mother.

As for the football side of things I don't think you can defend your players if what has been stated is true. No matter if the Ref is wrong to side a player off, taking 20mins to leave the field is wrong and then for another player to get sent off and returning with a shovel looking to attack another player is crazy. I would hope as a club they will not stand be these players if all what has been written is true and do the right thing by throwing the players out....(i might keep the player with the shovel to help out with ground work as he seems to know how to handle a shovel).

Special1 - Well what do you mean by that exactly, I just speak as I find.

Incidentally, I'm very sorry to hear about your Mother, I heard that you were in Portugal due to her illness.

Sunday August 29th

F A Cup Preliminary Round

Aylesbury United 3 ( 1-1) 2 Eton Manor

Lee Coulter 45 (117) Richard Priest 22

Leon Gordon 65 Michael Marin 48

Ben Baines 76

Kentish Town 1 ( 1-2 ) 3 Bethnal Green United

Alan Murray 19 (70) Michael Begg 17

Richard Eden Johnson 42

Isaac Aubynn 54

This afternoon's two results (see above)

Not original though.

I too have had a parent who lost their fight with cancer so on that score I will sympathise with you, but.....I am not a mind reader.

All I will say is given your circumstances I am surprised you are finding the time to come on here, surely your priorities should lay elsewhere

Sunday August 29th

F A Cup Preliminary Round

Kentish Town 1 ( 1-2 ) 3 Bethnal Green United

I'm amazed nobody has come on as yet to give a report on this one this one from earlier this afternoon, it sounds like a fairly comfortable win for Bethnal Green United