Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

This weekends fixtures

Sunday August 29th

F A Cup Preliminary Round

Kentish Town 1 ( 1-2 ) 3 Bethnal Green United

I'm amazed nobody has come on as yet to give a report on this one this one from earlier this afternoon, it sounds like a fairly comfortable win for Bethnal Green United

I missed the first 20 mins on this one when the score was 1-1.

For the remainder of the tie, Bethnal Green United played the better football and deserved the win.

I was somewhat disappointed in Kentish Town as they were below-par on the performance that they gave recently against Colney Heath. Had they played as well then the outcome could have been a different one.

As I was not present at the start I cannot report on whether the red carpet was laid out for FootballMan as per his request.

I thought you were coming to the match?

Now how can it be the referee's fault when a player comes back out onto the field of play waving a shovel about ?

Officials have a hard enough job as it is without louts or thugs of this degree.

I know Rhodesy has touched on this before & was lambasted a bit from posters on here (myself included) when he made references to the Portuguese culture of players & their behaviour. It does seem from this thread & incident that self discipline isn't too high on the agenda, & there does seem to be a refusal to take responsibilities for their actions & do the simple thing & blame the ref.

It's something I can relate to we had a Portuguese lad on

our books, a reasonably gifted player but he had a terrible record for dissent & moaned constantly during the game & constantly passed the buck for his errors. He was last seen leaving the away dressing room at Harpenden In pre-season after getting the hairdryer from me for failing to accept responsibilty for his part in FOUR Harpenden goals. Preferring to criticise one of our senior players instead !

Of course I maybe making a rash generalisation, but it could be an unwelcome trend.

Sunday August 29th

I'm amazed nobody has come on as yet to give a report on this one this one from earlier this afternoon, it sounds like a fairly comfortable win for Bethnal Green United

I missed the first 20 mins on this one when the score was 1-1.

For the remainder of the tie, Bethnal Green United played the better football and deserved the win.

I was somewhat disappointed in Kentish Town as they were below-par on the performance that they gave recently against Colney Heath. Had they played as well then the outcome could have been a different one.

As I was not present at the start I cannot report on whether the red carpet was laid out for FootballMan as per his request.

I thought you were coming to the match?

I can give a brief report.

You are 100% correct, we were not as good as we were against Colney Heath. And furthermore, against Colney Heath we were not as good as we have been in our other matches this season. So you can imagine our disapointment! We were nowhere near it, well below acceptable standards. Based on that, we didn't deserve to go through one bit. Had we performed anywehere near what we are capable of it would have been a different story.

Good luck to Bethnal Green in the next round.

Sunday August 29th

it must be that no-one cares too much about the 2 teams involved. I see your love child lee scott has hit the ground running this season scoring

zero times or is there one i am not aware of.

Sunday August 29th

Aylesbury United 3 ( 1-1) 2 Eton Manor

Former Langford stalwart Red Robbo was at this one yesterday, Aylesbury United's FA Cup pedigree could well see them becoming the SSML's longest surviving Club in the competition this season:

Aylesbury United (1) 3, Eton Manor (1) 2

F.A. Cup Prelim played at Leighton Town FC

Admission £7, programme (excellent) free with admission

Aylesbury can feel very happy with their afternoon's work coming from behind twice to finally beat the Essex Senior League, Eton Manor, 3-2

Saturday 28 August

F.A. Cup Preliminary Round

4 1 Oxhey Jets v St Margaretsbury

http://www.oxheyjets.com/

A comprehensive report on this one:

Saturday 28th August 2010 @3pm FA Cup Preliminary Round Oxhey Jets v St Margaretsbury 4-1 Attendance: 51 Entry: £6 including programme Hot Dogs & Bacon Rolls: £1.50

I travelled by train today and Boundary Stadium is a 15 minute walk from Carpenders Park station. There was an invasion of Leeds fans on the trains. The rugby Challenge Cup final involved the Rhinos at Wembley, as the football club played Watford at Vicarage Road. The Jets ground is found at the end of Altham Way. The clubhouse and changing rooms are at the back of the swimming pool and the ground is to the left of the building. The clubhouse has sky TV on 3 screens, including one behind the bar. Good if you are queuing for a drink as the results come in. A less than welcome start as I waited at the bar as 2 bar staff ignored me until a regular shouted that a customer (me) was waiting. The ground is fenced off but a free view could be had as a group of teens did in the first half before free entry after half time. All facilities are on the entrance touchline. To the right is an uncovered standing terrace behind which is the tea bar. This is followed by a seated stand, split in the middle by the players entrance from the changing area. Towards the corner flag is a covered standing area. The dugouts have been moved from in front of the main stand to the opposite touchline.

With both sides yet to register a point in the league the next 2 Saturdays are in the same company as in one of those coincidences, St Margaretsbury host Oxhey Jets next week in the FA Vase. Both sides showed why they were struggling in the first quarter as passes went astray and both teams looked badly organised. The visitors started taking control and on the 18th minute, the number 11 was scythed by the right back that went unpunished. The free kick from the left hand side was slotted in at close range by Clark off a defender. Jets were living dangerously at the back, the visitors penetrating down the flanks almost going 2 up on the half hour mark. The home manager wasted no time in pulling off the hapless right back for an extra midfielder and switching to 3-4-2-1 to block the visitors wing play. This inspired the home side who were rewarded just before the break. A through ball from midfield found no11, ALEXANDER who turned and shot past the keeper. The second half started with the play being clogged in midfield. The manager brought on Lee Armitt 10 minutes into the half, reverting to a 4-4-2. The substitute made an immediate impact by connecting with another through pass from midfield and stabbed it into the bottom corner. It was 3-1 by the hour when Alexander rifled a shot into the net from the edge of the box. Not to be undone, Armitt added his second with 10 minutes left in the best move of the match. A lovely 1-2 flat-footed both centre backs and the sub delightfully lobbed the keeper to round off the scoring.

Saturday 28 August

3 2 Tring Athletic v AFC Hayes

http://www.tafc.co.u...fixture_id=1298

A report on this one, obviously Craige Tomkins wasn't playing for AFC Hayes:

FA Cup Preliminary Round

Tring Athletic 3 AFC Hayes 2

I made a last minute decision to go to this one, train up from Euston all went smoothly and it seemed half the population of Leeds were in the Wembley and Watford areas for the rugby and football. It's a good 25-30min walk from Tring station to the ground but the sun was shining so I didn't mind.

Six quid entry and a pound for a decent progamme that had quite a bit of info.

This was step 5 v step 4, Tring had won all their opening games whilst AFC Hayes (formerly known as Brook House) had started with a win a draw and a defeat.

The ground is pleasant enough and is part of a sports complex with numerous rugby pitches and the open countryside giving a pleasant backdrop. There is a classic wooden stand and a bit of cover behind one goal, also a nice clubhouse and team line ups were displayed on the door.

The game itself was great with end to end football throughout and the game really came to life after half, firstly Hayes were denied a clear penalty when Danilson Vicente was tripped in the box, to be fair to the ref I probably had a better view than he did and the players theatrical fall probably worked against him. A couple of minutes later and Hayes were ahead when the home keeper flapped at a right wing cross and a well placed linesman flagged that the ball had crossed the line before he palmed it away. Within two minutes the hosts were level. the Hayes keeper certainly like has was fouled going up for a cross but the ref thought otherwise and the loose ball was turned in, the irate keeper then chased the ref to argue the decision and got a yellow card for his efforts. Two minutes later Hayes were back in front with a real goal of the season contender, the Tring keeper got good distance on a punch out and the ball fell to Hugo Figheredo some 25 yards out and he hit a superb volley into the top corner, this time the Tring keeper chased the ref claiming to have been fouled and he also got a yellow card for his trouble.

Six minutes into the second half the hosts were level again when a quick free kick caught the visitors out, a low cross was fired across goal and turned in at the far post. We had a delay when Tring captain Graham Hall was injured and had to be stretchered off but the game continued to be very much end to end and the hosts went ahead for the first time on 75mins when a left wing cross left Steve Smith with a tap in. Tring wasted further chances to sew the game up and Hayes could well have equalised late on, they had strong penalty appeals turned down in the eigth minute of stoppage time but again Danilson Vicente went down a bit too easily. The game ended in heavy rain and bright sunshine at the same time, crazy weather!

A great game of football and a lot of credit goes to both sides.

Saturday 28 August

2 2 Cheshunt v Cockfosters

A report on this great result for Cockfosters, Chalk Lane should be full to the rafters for the replay tomorrow evening!:

Chesthunt (1) 2, Cockfosters (0) 2

F.A. Cup - prelim

Attendance 156

Admission £7, prog £2, coffee 70p

Cockfosters got a well deserved replay against their Ryman League hosts. In fact they looked like winning until the Cheshunt equaliser on 74. Cheshunt took the lead from the penalty spot (Darrell Cox) on 42 minutes to take a half time lead. Cockfosters came out in second in half and took the game to the Ambers. Drawing level on 54 with crisp shot from distance by Aaron Ewing. They then took the lead on 66 Nicky Steward came out with ball after challenging the Cheshunt goalkeeper on the edge of the area and having an empty net, put calmly away.Cheshunt forced a replay on 74 when Chris Meilkle fired home after some home side pressure on the visitors goal. An entertaining afternoon in Herts.

The programme on sale for £2 was only a shadow of the excellent publication of last season and is very much overpriced. Still with most teams charging an admission of £8 pounds in this League with a cheaper prog it's swings and roundabouts again I suppose.

No one likes us - LOVE CHILD lol. There aint one u aint aware of,so the tally is zero. Bet u love it. I'm gonna go and play for the dog and duck next sunday c if I can get a couple there LOL. On a real note I'm not bothered,but am bothered about losing games we should of won. Cliff how come u was not at the game?

hello. i come here quick but am confused. on saturday i went to watch crawley play the cup game but did not no what cup game it was because chelsea, munited liverpool are not in the cup but it was called the facup. when i went to the crawley ground i saw a game but when i spoke to the man he said it was not crawley playing he said crawley play at another pitch because it has things they need to be a better team. but i do not understand what he was meant. simon was not happy and siad i took him to a game once and it did not happen now we come here and it is not the game we want to see. can i ask my friend on here to tell me this things so next time i no because simon sayd he will want to live with my sister again if i waste his time. who shood give me money for the petrol for my sister when we went to the game last week because she asks for it a lot but i do not no were i have it to getr from. can i ask my freinds on here to tell me the games and the place of the games so i do not upset simon yet again next time. thank you.

hello. i come here quick

You seen a Dr about that problem?

Haha love it, a lesson to us all.....come quick and you too could end up with a Simple daddies boy Simon

Saturday 28 August

Division One

3 2 Sun Postal Sports v New Bradwell St Peter

A report on this one, it's amazing isn't it how one man, namely Steve Tucker, can make such a difference to a team:

Sun Postal Sports 3 New Bradwell St Peter 2

South Midlands Div 1

After Network rail made my intended trip almost impossible, I decided to take the bus route to a new ground for me closer to home.

A great clubhouse, a covered seated stand for about 75 and loads of room around the pitch. Quite a nice set up & the friendliest welcome I think I've ever had including an invitation to the boardroom at halftime - Thanks guys!!

All the goals in the second half including New Bradwell equalising on 90 mins only for Sun Sports to steal it with a penalty deep into stoppage time.

A pleasant surprise, visit if you get the chance.

Some more reports from Saturday's games:

Saturday 28 August

2 1 Burnham v Chalfont St Peter

http://www.burnhamfc.com/matchdetails.asp?mid=565

2 2 Cheshunt v Cockfosters

http://cockfostersfc.net/CockfostersFC.new/first_team_reports.htm

4 2 Maldon & Tiptree v Hertford Town

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/

Premier Division

1 5 Broxbourne Borough v Royston Town

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/

Division One

A Sport London e Benfica v Kings Langley

An account of the proceedings, a very sorry state of affairs indeed!:

Interesting game at Haringey on Saturday.

Tenants Sport London e Benfica were losing 2-4 against visitors Kings Langley with fifteen minutes left, when the referee sent off one of the Benfica players.

Said player (I'm told) then returned to the pitch five minutes later with what has been described as a "Shovel" and began attacking some of the KL players near to the touchline.

KL's centre forward having seen what was occuring then rushed over, and decked the assailant, knocking him out cold with one punch, at which point the referee abandoned the game.

I attended the KL-Benfica match at KL late last season, and Benfica were rather a nasty bunch on the day trying to kick the home side off the pitch, this after they had arrived late and short handed. Seems there may be some "history" between these clubs.

Didnt we used to have a Benfica fan posting on here? was he/anyone else there?

Division One

A Sport London e Benfica v Kings Langley

An account of the proceedings, a very sorry state of affairs indeed!:

Interesting game at Haringey on Saturday.

Tenants Sport London e Benfica were losing 2-4 against visitors Kings Langley with fifteen minutes left, when the referee sent off one of the Benfica players.

Said player (I'm told) then returned to the pitch five minutes later with what has been described as a "Shovel" and began attacking some of the KL players near to the touchline.

KL's centre forward having seen what was occuring then rushed over, and decked the assailant, knocking him out cold with one punch, at which point the referee abandoned the game.

I attended the KL-Benfica match at KL late last season, and Benfica were rather a nasty bunch on the day trying to kick the home side off the pitch, this after they had arrived late and short handed. Seems there may be some "history" between these clubs.

Didnt we used to have a Benfica fan posting on here? was he/anyone else there?

Didn't the same happen at Tick Tok last season? Not the same player is it?