Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reasons for Postponement

DJM61 - I will check the e-mails tomorrow however I'm sure the game in question was due to be played at the Copthall Stadium and that Kentish Town called it off giving less than 24 hours notice.

DJM61 - I will check the e-mails tomorrow however I'm sure the game in question was due to be played at the Copthall Stadium and that Kentish Town called it off giving less than 24 hours notice.

No they gave 24 hours notice because they did not get a find & the sec of the league was ok about it apart from some one Tick Tok slaging Kentish off as i said one min the coach got a E-Mail the next you have to check the e-mails out make your mind up ?

DJM61 - Well here is an extract from the e-mail Tokyngton Manor received from Kentish Town and as you can see the game was due to be played at the Copthall Stadium. To be fair it was sent 24 hours before the game but only just, at 17.23 the previous day, which is a poor show isn't it:

Please note that Wednesday game Kentish Town FC Vs Tokynington Manor is OFF due to illness of our management team and some players.I have contacted the league and this game will be properly be re arranged for the 18th November 09 I will contact you soon with the new arrangements

• 4 weeks later...

A few years ago at Hertford a body was found near the ground and the whole area was sealed off by the police. A game had to be cancelled - think it was pre SSML days.

Couldn't have been Rhodes then, you said A BODY, not a NOBODY cheesy%20(2).gif

TAFC vs Leverstock Green reserves postponed tonight after one of the floodlights started smoking & spouting flames during the warm up :doh:

This was exactly the same reason Hoddesdon Town v Kentish Town was abandoned in 2007/2008 if I recall after about 15 minutes, one of the floodlights on the stand side started smoking slightly and the over cautious Referee, I can't remember who it was, called the game off

TAFC vs Leverstock Green reserves postponed tonight after one of the floodlights started smoking & spouting flames during the warm up :doh:

This was exactly the same reason Hoddesdon Town v Kentish Town was abandoned in 2007/2008 if I recall after about 15 minutes, one of the floodlights on the stand side started smoking slightly and the over cautious Referee, I can't remember who it was, called the game off

Did you still have the matches on you as you sneaked out a side entrance?

Referee....Graham Poll