Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reasons for Postponement

I heard there was a team last season that had a case of flu and therefore the game was postponed. Was this true?

Isn't this quite a common occurence in football, I also vaguely remember a game in France between Marseille and Paris St Germain being called off last season when a number of Paris players developed swine flu symptoms

I heard there was a team last season that had a case of flu and therefore the game was postponed. Was this true?

... doubt if its the one you'd heard of but the much-reported on AFC Aldermaston - (longest run of consecutive defeats?) failed to fulfill a tie in the B&B Intermediate last season because of flu in the squad.

Cove (nr Aldershot) had a quite a few games off due to ingress of sewage - even borrowed other grounds for some games.

Wasn't a game in the S.Mids last year called off late due to a dodgy Power Cable & another one due to a hazardous fuel leak - they were worried about switching the lights on?

... oh and of course the current giggle in the Southern league at Andover FCs Portway Stadium - pitch unfit due to Rabbits!

... doubt if its the one you'd heard of but the much-reported on AFC Aldermaston - (longest run of consecutive defeats?) failed to fulfill a tie in the B&B Intermediate last season because of flu in the squad.

Cove (nr Aldershot) had a quite a few games off due to ingress of sewage - even borrowed other grounds for some games.

Wasn't a game in the S.Mids last year called off late due to a dodgy Power Cable & another one due to a hazardous fuel leak - they were worried about switching the lights on?

... oh and of course the current giggle in the Southern league at Andover FCs Portway Stadium - pitch unfit due to Rabbits!

It was a YOUTH game in the Southern Counties that got posponed due to the coach and a few players coming down with the 'Swine' FLU.. Kentish Town vs Tokyngton.

Yes, how could I possibly forget that one and I still have the e-mails somewhere to prove it, Kentish Town clearly didn't want to play the game that night so put their thinking caps on

Yes, how could I possibly forget that one and I still have the e-mails somewhere to prove it, Kentish Town clearly didn't want to play the game that night so put their thinking caps on

Do have the E-mails somewhere that says how bad Tick Tok pitch was thats why they got all the home games called off at the end of last season?

Isn't this quite a common occurence in football, I also vaguely remember a game in France between Marseille and Paris St Germain being called off last season when a number of Paris players developed swine flu symptoms

I don't know if its common or not Rhodes but I do remember Joe Kinnear calling a Luton match off in League Two back in 2001-02 because of an outbreak of flu, the league were not too pleased and gave us a fine if I recall correctly. I seem to remember that Middlesborough did the same a few seasons earlier and recieved a points deduction in the Premier League.

Do have the E-mails somewhere that says how bad Tick Tok pitch was thats why they got all the home games called off at the end of last season?

DJM61 - Actually the Southern Counties Floodlit Youth League fixture last season was due to be played at the Copthall Stadium however Tokyngton Manor's Coach received the e-mail the day before the game, or it may have even been on the morning, saying that there had been an outbreak of swine flu at the Club

There have been 2 recent postponements due to the death of a player / owner.

Dagenham vs Exeter & MK Dons vs Southampton.

Watford's opening game of the 2003 season was also postponed following the death of on loan Man Utd forward Jimmy Davies in a car crash in the early hours of the morning of the game

There have been 2 recent postponements due to the death of a player / owner.

I've never been able to understand this, surely the person who sadly died would want the match to go ahead rather than disappoint/inconvenience all concerned

St Margaretsbury vs Colney Heath was the game postponed due to the floodlights going out about 15 mins before kick-off just as I was about to go out for a warm-up. Was confirmed that it was due to the grid going down in the area and nothing could be done until the following morning.

Not hazardous fuel but when the Buncefield fuel depot exploded some 5 years ago near Hemel Hempstead it almost lost me a County Cup game in Watford!

Such was the force of the explosion that the sports centre that the teams and I were to change in was deemed unsafe due to the building vibrating. The Health & Safety Executive would not allow anybody in.

We moved the game to the away teams ground in Finchley and started about about an hour later than the scheduled kick-off time.

Was this the reason then that your teams opening game of the season v Ampthill was postponed?

DJM61 - Actually the Southern Counties Floodlit Youth League fixture last season was due to be played at the Copthall Stadium however Tokyngton Manor's Coach received the e-mail the day before the game, or it may have even been on the morning, saying that there had been an outbreak of swine flu at the Club

game

How you like to forget things you said you have the E-mails and the was to be played at Viking not Kentish get it right and anyway teams can call games off for any reason in the S C F Y League as long as they give 24 Hours notice