Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Man at Broxbourne

Can't a Moderator or Ian amend the title of this thread to 'New Man at Broxbourne'

Corrected the thread title, ,...... Sixty

Can't a Moderator or Ian amend the title of this thread to 'New Man at Broxbourne'

Corrected the thread title, ,...... Sixty

Can't you stop using an old thread? I keep thinking there actually IS another new man at Broxbourne!

Horace - Well I bet it won't be too much longer before there will be, I'm sure Tony Faulkner will return to Goffs Lane eventually

I would love to know how much Broxbourne Borough's publicity officer gets paid however I agree that there has been an upturn in their fortunes lately:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=72188

Peter Harris, chairman of Molten Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division club Broxbourne Borough, said that "a week is a long time in Polictics" and the same could be used in football parlance.

Weather permitting, the Goffs Lane club are due to host high-flying Tring Athletic on Saturday but they go into the game much heartened by events of the last few days that have seen a upturn in their fortunes. However, no-one at Boro is getting carried away but everyone has received a boost by events of late.

Last weekend Boro were on the road at fourth-placed Aylesbury United searching for crucial league points to avert a basement position moving towards the half-way point in the campaign.

And at 1-0 down to the Ducks, things didn`t look good, but a thrilling fight back saw maximum points to create some breathing space in a congested table by virtue of a final 3-1 winning scoreline.

Then in Tuesday`s Herts Senior Cup second round derby with Ryman League Division One North outfit Potters Bar Town, Boro managed to build on Saturday`s morale-booster when goals by Dan Flint, Rio Enver and an own goal booked the ir passage into the next round.

Broxbourne having been drawn away to the winners of SSML Premier Division neighbours Hadley or npower League Two side Barnet's outstanding second round tie.

Harris (above) said the most pleasing aspect of the Senior Cup win was that the Boro players matched a Potters Bar side playing a rung higher in the non-League Pyramid in every department.

The team will no make a concerted effort to consolidate their Premier Division status and have good runs in the cup competitions still open to them, not the least of these being next week`s meeting with Colney Heath in the SSML Challenge Trophy – Boro being the holders.

The long-serving chairman added: “So many positives have came out of the last week. Rio Enver, a player who has been with us only a matter of weeks, finally got his chance against the Scholars and capped it with a superbly taken goal, Ryan Wade (right) looks to be staying with us and that has given enormous heart to everyone concerned at our club. He is a prolific scorer with his recent appearances giving everyone a massive boost.

“We also have a great team spirit and everyone is working so hard for each other and praise for this must go to the management team of Tom Mundt, Ashley Fisk and Kevin Wakelin for the creation of a most harmonious unit.”

I would love to know how much Broxbourne Borough's publicity officer gets paid however I agree that there has been an upturn in their fortunes lately

Why's that, you thinking of hiring him on the cheap so you can raise your profile then :applaus:

Horace - Well I disagree with you there, we were both at the game however you must have been watching a completely different one to me or else one through rose tinted spectacles

Horace - Well I disagree with you there, we were both at the game however you must have been watching a completely different one to me or else one through rose tinted spectacles

Can see a damn sight more than having a paper bag over one's head just in case a couple of 5 year olds recognise you.

Royston were rubbish, and Craig Hammond was too! I think they were nobbled by a Far Eastern betting syndicate, as I've seen them a few times and that was the very worst I've seen them.

I gather that it's Bradley Drysdale's birthday today, I'm sure everyone connected with Broxbourne Borough will want to join me in wishing the great man all the best

• 3 weeks later...

I see that Broxbourne Borough are at it again on the Non League Today website stating that “the atmosphere within our Club at present is brilliant":

Tom Mundt, manager of Molten Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division club Broxbourne Borough, confirmed to nonleaguedaily that, prior to the weekend encounter

with Langford, he had been able to secure the services of Jordon Watson from Ryman League Division One North club Potters Bar Town.

Watson joins initially on a month's loan but with an agreement has already been made for this to be further extended if circumstance allow.

Left-sided frontman Watson showed what a talented performer brings to the table with his close control richly rewarded in added time at the end of the game with his first goal for the Goffs Lane outfit on his full debut appearence - needing games under his belt after injury.

Boro, 4-0 winners against Langford, now take many positives into Tuesday`s home SSML Challenge Trophy tie with Colney Heath, with Mundt warmly appreciative with the positive vibes which surround the Hertfordshire outfit after this fourth straight win in all competitions and third consecutive league success.

The Boro management were delighted with the performance of their new-look side with Daniel Flint fully justifying their faith in a young player, forging an excellent reputation in the game after making the step up from Herts County League side Cuffley.

Mundt said: “One of the most important factors in our recent performances has been the arrival

of Ashley Fisk to the management team from Potters Bar.

“There are no big egos to be massaged at our club and the chemistry works wonderfully well

between myself, Ashley and Kevin Wakelin.

“We realise there is still much hard work to be done and Ashley has played such a big part in it.

“Ashley has a great passion towards the game and his knowledge of this standard of football is second to none. He eats, sleeps and breathes football having, like myself and Kevin, a great rapport with our players, many of whom he has personally brought to our club by his contact levels that are absolutely amazing.

“The atmosphere within our club at present is brilliant, with the appointment of Kirsty Francis (pictured) as physio another piece of the jigsaw that fits so well, having held the same previous office at Potters Bar and Harpenden Town.”

(Dave Griffiths)

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=72880

• 3 weeks later...

I see that Broxbourne Borough couldn't have been more delighted with their 2-0 win over Aylesbury United on Saturday:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=73536

I note that Broxbourne Borough have signed the impressive Leon Skinner from Potters Bar Town:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=73597

I note that Broxbourne Borough have signed the impressive Leon Skinner from Potters Bar Town:

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=73597

Rhodes - Apart from what you have noted from the non league daily and researched on goggle what do you know about the Lad? You are making out you know him. So what can you tell mer about him?

Out of interest Rhodes what team is it that you are with/follow in the SSML? cheesy%20(2).gif

Another article on Broxbourne Borough on the Non League Today website, their press officer is working overtime:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=73634

Molten Spartan South Midlands League Premier division club Broxbourne Borough have made two further significant signings on the eve of the away game with Haringey Borough on Saturday.

Following the arrival of Dave Greene on a permanent basis a week ago after being with the Goffs Lane club on loan earlier in the campaign, and classy central defender Leon Skinner ahead of the midweek gave against Stotfold, manager Tom Mundt announced the signing of Aaron Ferdinand from Ryman League Division One North neighbours Potters Bar Town and Kayan Palooka.

Mundt said he was indebted to the excellent contacts of Ashley Fisk and so much hard work put in by his much-respected member of his management team in convincing players that their futures lay with Boro.

Mundt added: “Broxbourne warmly welcome the signing of Aaron Ferdinand and Kayan Palooka.”

The defender, son of former Spurs, Newcastle United and England star Les Ferdinand, would be involved in the Haringey contest alongside forward player Palooka who, like Ferdinand, has much to offer his club, having spent time previously with clubs such as Staines Town and would add to the firepower to the team.

(Dave Griffiths)

Another article on Broxbourne Borough on the Non League Today website, their press officer is working overtime:

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=73634

Molten Spartan South Midlands League Premier division club Broxbourne Borough have made two further significant signings on the eve of the away game with Haringey Borough on Saturday.

Following the arrival of Dave Greene on a permanent basis a week ago after being with the Goffs Lane club on loan earlier in the campaign, and classy central defender Leon Skinner ahead of the midweek gave against Stotfold, manager Tom Mundt announced the signing of Aaron Ferdinand from Ryman League Division One North neighbours Potters Bar Town and Kayan Palooka.

Mundt said he was indebted to the excellent contacts of Ashley Fisk and so much hard work put in by his much-respected member of his management team in convincing players that their futures lay with Boro.

Mundt added: “Broxbourne warmly welcome the signing of Aaron Ferdinand and Kayan Palooka.”

The defender, son of former Spurs, Newcastle United and England star Les Ferdinand, would be involved in the Haringey contest alongside forward player Palooka who, like Ferdinand, has much to offer his club, having spent time previously with clubs such as Staines Town and would add to the firepower to the team.

(Dave Griffiths)

For Rhodes.

What connects Aaron Ferdinand's father to George Kilikkita of Haringey Borough?

Er, I've no idea unless he bought a pair of football boots in Holloway Sports once

Er, I've no idea unless he bought a pair of football boots in Holloway Sports once

Probably true.

Les Ferdinand used to play for Achna in the KOPA League.

Achna was run by George Kilikkita.

Actually I had no idea Aaron Ferdinand was Les Ferdinand's son, I assume that you have met Les then on numerous occasions.

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting article by Peter Harris from the Non League Today website following the Hertfordshire Senior Cup game with Barnet on Thursday:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=73908

Peter Harris, chairman of Molten Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division club Broxbourne Borough was rightly proud of his players in the wake of Boro`s eventual 6-2 Herts Senior Cup quarter-final defeat at the hands of npower League Two outfit Barnet.

Harris said that his players and management team had left the arena with heads held high.

Boro had fashioned a stirring comeback to get back into the game at 2-2 and represented football at Step 5 level with pride.

This in front of the biggest crowd of the season at Goffs Lane – 185 – for a first-ever meeting with the Bees who gave the competition real commitment with the inclusion of six first-team players and the presence of caretaker boss and England `C` manager Paul Fairclough.

Barnet were excellent ambassadors on the night and it was also great to see former Bees `legend` Les Eason in attendance.

Boro went in at the interval 2-0 down - the second a spot-kick conversion by Charlie Stimson -but within 4 second half minutes were back on level terms, thanks to strikes from Junior Adedye and former Staines Town striker Kayan Kalipha, whose firm header from Bradley Drisdale`s pin-point centre delighted the Boro faithful.

However, on 61 minutes Ryan Scott put the Bees back in front at 3-2 and eventually ran out convincing winners after their superior fitness began to tell, and now meet Ryman League Division One North side Cheshunt away in the semi-final.

Chairman Harris added: “The players can be exceptionally proud of how they conducted themselves both on and off the field.

“We made many new friends and were particularly impressed by Paul Fairclough and the club`s representatives.

“We are without a game at the weekend, but will look for more of the same next Tuesday at Hatfield Town.”