Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cockfosters Manager Resigns

o the north' timestamp='1290534794' post='1681776']

I wonder whether Neil's wife will sever ties with the Club as I gather she is quite a proactive and vocal Committee member

You seem to be particularly well informed Mr. Rhodes. How come you are on the inside track? Do you have Chalk Lane bugged?

No, but he "bugs" everyone he meets.

Neil Ewing took over and just filled the 1st team with average players who had played under him for the Youth team and the Reseves & they simply weren't good enough.

On top of this, he was obsessed with his son's - Aaron in particular - and both played regardless it seems according to what i've been told by someone on the inside.

Although I haven't been to Chalk Lane for a while, I'm told that some of the Football on view has been average at best and I have to say that Neil Ewing's time had probably come.

Wherever he goes I hope he does well because though I never met him he seemed an alright bloke from a distance at least, but I think that this will be good for Cockfosters FC as they deserve much better from the team.

Had to sign up and reply to this blog always have a look through this site and read the good bits but pass by all the C**P that so called people in the know write. Just got to have my say on this one.

I am a player that plays for good old Fosters and was one that was there for the Tuesday night game that was played after the punch up on the pitch with two cockfosters players (caused by backstabbing that is going on at the club at the moment)!

Tuesday night we played a very very poor team and got a result we didnt play any different to when we played for Neil Ewing.

RHODES who in there right mind would ask you to be on there committee, I have played for a team that you was involved with and after hearing about you you have got no chance working again within a club.

ALTERNATIVE2ERIC You have just come on to rouse things up in your own words "you havent been to Chalk Lane in a while, You have never met Neil Ewing but he seems an alright bloke and the comment about his son is pathetic Aaron is propbably one of the best players that Cockfosters have had and has scored some great goals and worked hard for the club, he has had some good offers from clubs that Cockfosters can only dream of being like, I will miss playing football with him and so will others although I do know for a fact that he has already had offers from clubs in better leagues, good luck to him whatever he decides to do.

REDS76 Reading through other posts you seem to be an ex player that has a problem best thing you can do is get out of David Craigs [****!!****] and get a lifeCLOCK END Totally agree with you Cockfosters are in reality an average division 1 side with average division 1 facilities....fact

PETETHEGREEK You like Neil Ewing should know when to quit mate your an awful referee

Right lets get down to the nitty gritty Neil had just not got the luck this year with players being injured and working (we need to earn a living somewhere)

There has been some funny stuff happening especially with the so called Chairman making lots of promises but coming up with nothing (he should stick to his Greek Sunday League), the committe should be looking at themselves again know when to stand down and let fresh blood takeover, nice enough guys but past there sell by dates, the club got relegated from the prem due to them making bad decisisons and promising to get the ground grading which they had plenty of time to do but never had any intention of doing or the money to do, the ground at the moment is laughable with what they have done, the pitch has got to be one of the worst I have ever played on!

Was it the right time to go for Neil Ewing, yes, when you cant trust people who you are working with then its right, did he know it, yes, do we as players need to look at ourselves (as do other players at other clubs) and ask do we give our gaffas everything and are we good enough or just think we are,

again my answer is yes we do need to look at ourselves.

The club will not be anything unless the committee know its time to step aside, the ground comes up to scratch and they do something about the bloody aweful pitch, then they may attract better players, they are trying to compete against clubs in the same catchment area but have nothing to offer, believe me!!

PETETHEGREEK You like Neil Ewing should know when to quit mate your an awful referee

It's funny you answer that but not this, what have you got to say

Tripimeni-Aris were playing in the FA Sunday Cup at the venue.

So it was connected to your duties with the KOPA League then, don't you find it a distraction away from Officiating on the SSML whereby your mind is often elsewhere

You do talk an amazing amount of boll0cks Rhodes. We should put you up for some sort of award.

It's funny you answer that but not this, what have you got to say

I don't see how the managerial situation at Cockfosters has anything to do with me or any posts I have made about the Club.

A player is entitled to his opinion but I will not be giving him the pleasure of quitting.

Tripimeni-Aris were playing in the FA Sunday Cup at the venue.

So it was connected to your duties with the KOPA League then, don't you find it a distraction away from Officiating on the SSML whereby your mind is often elsewhere

I don't have any duties with the KOPA League this season.

Had to sign up and reply to this blog always have a look through this site and read the good bits but pass by all the C**P that so called people in the know write. Just got to have my say on this one.

I am a player that plays for good old Fosters and was one that was there for the Tuesday night game that was played after the punch up on the pitch with two cockfosters players (caused by backstabbing that is going on at the club at the moment)!

Tuesday night we played a very very poor team and got a result we didnt play any different to when we played for Neil Ewing.

RHODES who in there right mind would ask you to be on there committee, I have played for a team that you was involved with and after hearing about you you have got no chance working again within a club.

ALTERNATIVE2ERIC You have just come on to rouse things up in your own words "you havent been to Chalk Lane in a while, You have never met Neil Ewing but he seems an alright bloke and the comment about his son is pathetic Aaron is propbably one of the best players that Cockfosters have had and has scored some great goals and worked hard for the club, he has had some good offers from clubs that Cockfosters can only dream of being like, I will miss playing football with him and so will others although I do know for a fact that he has already had offers from clubs in better leagues, good luck to him whatever he decides to do.

REDS76 Reading through other posts you seem to be an ex player that has a problem best thing you can do is get out of David Craigs [****!!****] and get a lifeCLOCK END Totally agree with you Cockfosters are in reality an average division 1 side with average division 1 facilities....fact

Right lets get down to the nitty gritty Neil had just not got the luck this year with players being injured and working (we need to earn a living somewhere)

There has been some funny stuff happening especially with the so called Chairman making lots of promises but coming up with nothing (he should stick to his Greek Sunday League), the committe should be looking at themselves again know when to stand down and let fresh blood takeover, nice enough guys but past there sell by dates, the club got relegated from the prem due to them making bad decisisons and promising to get the ground grading which they had plenty of time to do but never had any intention of doing or the money to do, the ground at the moment is laughable with what they have done, the pitch has got to be one of the worst I have ever played on!

The club will not be anything unless the committee know its time to step aside, the ground comes up to scratch and they do something about the bloody aweful pitch, then they may attract better players, they are trying to compete against clubs in the same catchment area but have nothing to offer, believe me!!

Get one thing straight mate, I'm not here to "stir things up", far from it. I've seen many players better than Neil at Chalk Lane in the past, but I wasn't knocking him. In fact, I believe that he should have gone somewhere else as it would have been better for him AND the team in the long run.

As for the Ground, what do you expect the committee to do with it, hemmed in as it is on all 4 sides. As for the pitch, it's about as good as can be expected as I shouldn't think that there's sufficient funds within the Club to do the amount of work required to have it levelled off and lay better drainage which is what would be needed to bring it up to the standards that you seem to expect of it.

As for what they have to offer. It's more than ALL the local AFA Clubs have, Better than Haringey Borough and Kentish Town, no worse than London Colney and Colney Heath, and equal also to Enfield 1893. But unless they move there is nothing more that can be done there withiout a substantial injection of money from somewhere.

It's a shame to see this going on as I always have enjoyed my visits to Chalk Lane and like Cockfosters as a Club so should my Health improve then I shall pop along later in the season.

Good luck to all at Chalk Lane.

Alternative2eric - You seem to know what you are talking about, do you thing David Craig will return to Chalk Lane, Prodigal Son style.

Get one thing straight mate, I'm not here to "stir things up", far from it. I've seen many players better than Neil at Chalk Lane in the past, but I wasn't knocking him. In fact, I believe that he should have gone somewhere else as it would have been better for him AND the team in the long run.

As for the Ground, what do you expect the committee to do with it, hemmed in as it is on all 4 sides. As for the pitch, it's about as good as can be expected as I shouldn't think that there's sufficient funds within the Club to do the amount of work required to have it levelled off and lay better drainage which is what would be needed to bring it up to the standards that you seem to expect of it.

As for what they have to offer. It's more than ALL the local AFA Clubs have, Better than Haringey Borough and Kentish Town, no worse than London Colney and Colney Heath, and equal also to Enfield 1893. But unless they move there is nothing more that can be done there withiout a substantial injection of money from somewhere.

It's a shame to see this going on as I always have enjoyed my visits to Chalk Lane and like Cockfosters as a Club so should my Health improve then I shall pop along later in the season.

Good luck to all at Chalk Lane.

London colney have got a 180 seat stand.