Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cockfosters Manager Resigns

I have it on good authority that Neil Ewing resigned following Cockfosters disappointing 1-0 home defeat against New Bradwell St Peter on Saturday, can anybody confirm that

I wonder whether that will signal the return of 'Prodigal Son' David Craig

I wonder whether Neil's wife will sever ties with the Club as I gather she is quite a proactive and vocal Committee member

I wonder whether Neil's wife will sever ties with the Club as I gather she is quite a proactive and vocal Committee member

You seem to be particularly well informed Mr. Rhodes. How come you are on the inside track? Do you have Chalk Lane bugged?

No I haven't got the Clubhouse bugged but if you recall I was offered a Committee position myself at the end of last season and take a keen interest in affairs at Chalk Lane

Reds76 - Didn't you feel that Neil Ewing was up to the job then

Let's just hope the club shows a bit more ambition with their appointment this time around and gives it to someone who can restore a bit of pride in the place, not to mention get them to where they really should be - the premier division.

What a good opportunity for a fresh start for the club..........would be interesting to find out whats gone wrong over there!?

Reds76 - I take it, reading between the lines of your post, that you weren't Neil Ewing's biggest fan during his tenure at Chalk Lane

I have it on good authority that Neil Ewing resigned following Cockfosters disappointing 1-0 home defeat against New Bradwell St Peter on Saturday, can anybody confirm that

I was at the ground on Sunday and can confirm that this correct.

Edited by petethegreek

I was at the ground on Sunday and can confirm that this correct.

I assume that was for a KOPA League event

Cockfosters are in reality an average division 1 side with average division 1 facilities....fact

Can't argue with that based on last season's league placing and this season so far.

However, as I've pointed out on here previously, it wasn't long ago the team got promoted from div 1 and more than held their own in the prem.

All that changed was the manager and players. Fact.

Not sure what facilities have got to do with it to be honest. After all, there are teams in the prem who haven't got any facilities of their own at all.

As a former follower of Cockfosters I can't help casting my mind back two or three years to when the team played entertaining football under David Craig on their way to promotion to the Premier division before more than holding their own in the top flight in their first season back after so long in the wilderness.

Have to question what the hierarchy at the club are thinking - firstly allowing Craig to leave along with all his players and secondly giving the job to the current imcumbent. No experience at this level. No players. No idea.

Not even in the 'dark days' when the club spent nearly a decade in div 1 did they sink to the current depths.

Potentially great club with big catchment area for players but it truly is depressing to see how much of a joke it has become.

Reds76 - Yes, this was your post, sorry, rant on the Cockfosters 1 Bedford Town Reserves 8 thread, you certainly weren't a fan of Neil Ewing were you and must be glad to see the back of him

As a former follower of Cockfosters I can't help casting my mind back two or three years to when the team played entertaining football under David Craig on their way to promotion to the Premier division before more than holding their own in the top flight in their first season back after so long in the wilderness.

Have to question what the hierarchy at the club are thinking - firstly allowing Craig to leave along with all his players and secondly giving the job to the current imcumbent. No experience at this level. No players. No idea.

Not even in the 'dark days' when the club spent nearly a decade in div 1 did they sink to the current depths.

Potentially great club with big catchment area for players but it truly is depressing to see how much of a joke it has become.

Reds76 - Yes, this was your post, sorry, rant on the Cockfosters 1 Bedford Town Reserves 8 thread, you certainly weren't a fan of Neil Ewing were you and must be glad to see the back of him

I think Cockfosters are a good club, in an area where some good players live. So they should not really be in the trouble they are in really.

Am I right in saying that they have applied for planning permission to get the ground back up to Premier league standards? or am I going mad!!!!!!