Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Apsley Senior Charity Cup – 2010/2011

It would appear that Oxhey Jets, Hadley and Tring Athletic are playing their 2nd and 3rd strings in yet another cup for cup's sake:

West Herts FA Apsley Senior Charity Cup – 2010/2011

First Round

3 2 SWR Garage Doors v Sun Postal Rovers

1 2 Oxhey v Aldenham

1 3 Hemel Hempstead Rovers v King Sports

Second Round

SWR Garage Doors v Aldenham

1 2 Kings Sports v Tring Athletic ‘A’

1 4 Metropolitan Police Bushey ‘A’ v Hadley ‘A’

1 7 Glenn Sports v Maple Cross

3 0 Martin Baker Rovers v Phillippine FC

10 0 Croxley C&H v Bovingdon ‘A’

1 4 Harpenden Rovers ‘A’ v Park Street Village

1 6 St Albans Sports v Oxhey Jets ‘A’

Quarter Finals

SWR Garage Doors or Aldenham v Tring Athletic ‘A’

Hadley ‘A’ v Maple Cross

4 1 Martin Baker Rovers v Croxley C&H

Park Street Village v Oxhey Jets ‘A’

Semi Finals

SWR Garage Doors or Aldenham or Tring Athletic ‘A’ v Hadley ‘A’ or Maple Cross

Martin Baker Rovers v Park Street Village or Oxhey Jets ‘A’

Rhodes you plum this is a cup draw for the West Herts League which is where our 3rd team play (and hence why they are entered into it!)

Our 4th team are entered into the Apsley Junior Charity Cup which is for West Herts Divisions 2&3 if you wanted to post this too but neither are particularly relevent for the SSML

Edited by tringarmy

Tring Army - Fair enough but what is the point of the competition, also Apsley is a small village just before you get to Hemel Hempstead isn't it, what has that got to do with anything

Tring Army - Fair enough but what is the point of the competition, also Apsley is a small village just before you get to Hemel Hempstead isn't it, what has that got to do with anything

As far as I'm aware Apsley is an integral part of Hemel Hempstead and, indeed, Hemel Hempstead Town's ground is in Apsley. I believe that the club was originally called Apsley, so there is great significance in the name.

Horace - Yes but who has heard of the God forsaken place Apsley other than the unfortunate souls who live there, that's my point

Horace - Yes but who has heard of the God forsaken place Apsley other than the unfortunate souls who live there, that's my point

I've heard of it.

I use their railway station to get to Kings Langley's ground.

Very nice place.

If Rhodes HAD a club it might be playing in this competition. Then it wouldn't be a place or a cup not worth knowing or having would it?

But Rhodes doesn't HAVE a club does he? Who'd want him?

I thought that you were always allocated a game where a fellow Official could give you a lift to games outside of London

I thought that you were always allocated a game where a fellow Official could give you a lift to games outside of London

Not always the case.

Mr Ewen does his best to 'star' officials to joint travel so as to keep the expenses down for the Clubs but on some occasions I have to make my own way to a venue.

but on some occasions I have to make my own way to a venue.

That does seem to be once in a blue moon though, why have you never learned to drive out of interest as that would surely make life far easier for you

but on some occasions I have to make my own way to a venue.

That does seem to be once in a blue moon though, why have you never learned to drive out of interest as that would surely make life far easier for you

There is more joint travel this season than before so more often than not I'm paired up with one or both of the other officials.

As to driving I just never got around to learning. You would be surprised how many other officials on the SSML don't drive.

About 95% of the grounds are easy to get to via public transport so it doesn't effect me to much.

Am I correct in saying that you don't drive either and if so why haven't you learned?

Why make a post about it then you moron......cheesy%20(2).gif

Am I correct in saying that you don't drive either and if so why haven't you learned?

Well basically I just never got around to learning, my Father never drove and you often find that it's a case of like Father like son don't you

Well basically I just never got around to learning, my Father never drove and you often find that it's a case of like Father like son don't you

Ref Off Ref - Did you ever play in goal, how come your lad took to goalkeeping out of interest

• 1 month later...

An update on this 'competition':

West Herts FA Apsley Senior Charity Cup – 2010/2011

First Round

3 2 SWR Garage Doors v Sun Postal Rovers

1 2 Oxhey v Aldenham

1 3 Hemel Hempstead Rovers v King Sports

Second Round

3 1 SWR Garage Doors v Aldenham

http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/sport/football/doors_shut_aldenham_out_of_the_apsley_senior_cup_1_2286156

1 2 Kings Sports v Tring Athletic ‘A’

1 4 Metropolitan Police Bushey ‘A’ v Hadley ‘A’

1 7 Glenn Sports v Maple Cross

3 0 Martin Baker Rovers v Phillippine FC

10 0 Croxley C&H v Bovingdon ‘A’

1 4 Harpenden Rovers ‘A’ v Park Street Village

1 6 St Albans Sports v Oxhey Jets ‘A’

Quarter Finals

SWR Garage Doors v Tring Athletic ‘A’ (26 March, 2.00pm)

6 3 Hadley ‘A’ v Maple Cross

4 1 Martin Baker Rovers v Croxley C&H

8 2 Park Street Village v Oxhey Jets ‘A’

Semi Finals

SWR Garage Doors or Tring Athletic ‘A’ v Hadley ‘A’

Martin Baker Rovers v Park Street Village