Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

LEVERSTOCK GREEN V TRING ATHLETIC

From Leverstock green website

Tomorrow's SSML Premier Division game against Tring Athletic is in doubt, and is subject to an 11am pitch inspection. The Pancake Lane pitch was badly damaged during the game against Broxbourne on Thursday night, and it is unlikely to be playable by tomorrow, even without the bad weather forecast.

In an attempt to prevent yet more fixture congestion, it was agreed with Tring to switch the game to the Grass Roots Stadium, but the SSML commitee refused to sanction the switch on the basis that it was a game affecting the promotion positions.

Thus the game will most likely have to be added to the long list of games to be played in March or April.

http://www.tafc.co.uk/index.php

Edited by wisezola

Tomorrow's SSML Premier Division game against Tring Athletic is in doubt, and is subject to an 11am pitch inspection. The Pancake Lane pitch was badly damaged during the game against Broxbourne on Thursday night, and it is unlikely to be playable by tomorrow, even without the bad weather forecast.

In an attempt to prevent yet more fixture congestion, it was agreed with Tring to switch the game to the Grass Roots Stadium, but the SSML commitee refused to sanction the switch on the basis that it was a game affecting the promotion positions.

Thus the game will most likely have to be added to the long list of games to be played in March or April.

Good to see the SSML commitee are still on a different planet to the rest of us!

Good to see the SSML commitee are still on a different planet to the rest of us!

I am sure Chalfont/Royston and Colney Heath might have a slightly different opinion on this... while the sentiments/idea is honourable, the SSML are quite correct in this matter... you cannot have clubs involved in Promotion/Relegation matters at this level just "switching" fixtures because their pitch is knackered .

However, they seem to allow Kentish Town to do it at will, so there is "double standards" here, which I know winds clubs up and makes a correct decision like this look very poor to most outside observers.

However, they seem to allow Kentish Town to do it at will

El Presidente - I have to agree with you there and, as you say, you can see why some Club's might feel a bit aggrieved

I am sure Chalfont/Royston and Colney Heath might have a slightly different opinion on this... while the sentiments/idea is honourable, the SSML are quite correct in this matter... you cannot have clubs involved in Promotion/Relegation matters at this level just "switching" fixtures because their pitch is knackered .

However, they seem to allow Kentish Town to do it at will, so there is "double standards" here, which I know winds clubs up and makes a correct decision like this look very poor to most outside observers.

i think there is a subtle difference - Tring would have have been a home advantage. Kentish Town are always conceding home advantage.

i think there is a subtle difference - Tring would have have been a home advantage. Kentish Town are always conceding home advantage.

Subtle difference?? - You have missed the point... got nothing to do with Kentish Town conceding Home advantage

So Oxhey Jets getting home advantage due to a ground switch on a Midweek Game the other week..... win 5-1 and drag themselves away from the bottom 6... I am sure they were delighted with that decision, especially on their recent run of form and how is it fair on Harefield/Langford and all the other clubs in and around the relegation battle ... especially when they have or will HAVE to travel away to the same opposition???... it does not stack up and it was the WRONG decision...

You cannot just pick and choose your rules to suit the situation... it should be one rule for all... end of.. If you have to play more games in March/April, so be it

Subtle difference?? - You have missed the point... got nothing to do with Kentish Town conceding Home advantage

So Oxhey Jets getting home advantage due to a ground switch on a Midweek Game the other week..... win 5-1 and drag themselves away from the bottom 6... I am sure they were delighted with that decision, especially on their recent run of form and how is it fair on Harefield/Langford and all the other clubs in and around the relegation battle ... especially when they have or will HAVE to travel away to the same opposition???... it does not stack up and it was the WRONG decision...

You cannot just pick and choose your rules to suit the situation... it should be one rule for all... end of.. If you have to play more games in March/April, so be it

I think the fact that Tring had already played Leverstock at home was the issue. The Kentish Town vs Oxhey game was the 1st time they'd played in the league this year, which gives the league the opportunity to reverse the opposite fixture if required.