Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

DIV 2 Promotion - DIV 1 Relegation

Thanks Horace. Can you tell us what would happen if Letchworth still finish in 1st place? Would the next top 2 be considered for promotion to Div 1 in the SSML? Also, how many county Leagues does the SSML have to consider, I know that in the past the SSML have considered and accepted Beds League clubs too, so how many places are going to be available, how many for finishes below 1st in their leagues and what other options would be open to those clubs that will be disappointed?

As stated in my post "The situation is further complicated by the fact that, if the Champions don't go up, second place may do so" .

There isn't a specific place reserved for a Herts County League promotee, nor is there one for the other linked leagues,( the Middlesex County and the Bedfordshire County League). The SSML just have to juggle their numbers when they get a "bonus" promotee from another league (as dear old Uncle Urchin pointed out when he was blowing the trumpet for Southill Alexander, the SSML consitution allows for a lot more clubs than they have at present!).

I'm not privy to the rules of either of the other leagues, but the Herts Senior County rules permit the second places club to apply for promotion if the Champions do not apply. This has been more loosely applied by the FA in the past so as to permit a second place club to go up where the Champions have applied but failed because of ground grading.

There is not much chance of more than the odd promotee anyway, because the ever increasing pillage of the lower leagues in order to fill the vacant places in the higher levels of the pyramid caused by the demise of clubs who have overstretched themselves in the mindless drive to get to the top is taking all the best clubs! Clubs get sucked up but rarely do any come back down to Step 7. This is not helped by the fact that so many "new" clubs are allowed to start higher up the pyramid. The supply of suitable, viable, clubs to replace losses at Step 7 and below is getting less and less, and will lead pretty soon to Leagues folding. Protectionism by the likes of the Ryman and Zamoretto Leagues is condoned by the FA, where I have heard only one lone voice arguing that they should absorb some of their own losses rather than keep nicking lower league's clubs as replacements . Fair promotion for winning a league is one thing, not relegating a replacement is another.

Rant over.

Thanks Horace, hadn't intended to draw out a rant cool.gif but it's always better out then in. I'd forgotten that trumpet blowing by UU of course.

At the end of the day the real issues the "lower leagues" are facing are being brought about by three things IMO. Too little money trickling down from the FA while the bloated and obscene Premiership continues its ridiculous overpayment of players, overcharging of fans and under delivering of value to the ideal of professional football. The demands placed by County FA's on clubs struggling against the odds to survive let alone continually develop facilities so that their committee members can feel pleased with themselves and lastly as you touched upon the impact of not applying promotion and demotion ideals of merit alone.

This is not helped by the fact that so many "new" clubs are allowed to start higher up the pyramid

Horace - You made an excellent post, I agree with the valid point you made here

another nail in Amersham Towns coffin...

Doog Is King - You hate Amersham Town don't you

Maybe you should apply for the post of First Team Manager when it next becomes vacant....or would the step from a reserve Division 2 side be even too much for you maybe?

Haha someone is chucking a few toys out if their pram.

Where was the knock eh in my post, LOL what's up with you, someone nick all your carrots out your field over night.

A chance to be a step 6 manager and turn a clubs fortunes is what I said....

another nail in Amersham Towns coffin...

Doog Is King - You hate Amersham Town don't you

know he hates padbury

No Craig - I don't hate Padbury at all. I hope you win the title this year as you deserve it based on your performances. No gripes from me. And in the flesh you seem like decent people. But you lot don't do yourself any favours whatsoever on here with your bullying ways.

Doog your remarks about me, listen get it right will you, I am not a WBA fan haha, the rest, his been talking?

As for being a football manager, done my time at youth level years ago, all I will say is your job is safe haha