Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best Ground and played football in the SSML

Came across this site a month or so back and enjoy reading everybodies views on the leagues from the premier to Dvision 2. So what are peoples views on the best grounds top 5 in all 3 leagues and the best football that you have seen played.

Can't wait for the season to start. Any supirses in the Premier this year? Div 1 and Div 2?

Fire away.

Prem and Div one are getting stronger and there are some good teams entering the fold every season. It will be interesting to see how Berkhamsted FC get on in the premier division so they could be one to watch. I think Colney Heath will be up there again aswell as Dunstable Town if they keep there players. I have heard Royston have a good budget and have recently signed Ryan Redford who is proven and scoring goals wherever he goals, Tring will miss him and I cant see them being a top 5 side this season unless they bring in a few....

1) Royston

2) Colney Heath

3) Berkhamsted FC

4) Dunstable Town

Anyone else think the same???

Came across this site a month or so back and enjoy reading everybodies views on the leagues from the premier to Dvision 2. So what are peoples views on the best grounds top 5 in all 3 leagues and the best football that you have seen played.

Can't wait for the season to start. Any supirses in the Premier this year? Div 1 and Div 2?

Fire away.

Sorry last thread was for who I think will come in what order in the prem, in terms of best grounds in the leagues it would be

1) Broxbourne

2) Chesham FC

3) Oxhey Jets

4) St Albans Reserves FC

5) Langford FC

Prem and Div one are getting stronger and there are some good teams entering the fold every season. It will be interesting to see how Berkhamsted FC get on in the premier division so they could be one to watch. I think Colney Heath will be up there again aswell as Dunstable Town if they keep there players. I have heard Royston have a good budget and have recently signed Ryan Redford who is proven and scoring goals wherever he goals, Tring will miss him and I cant see them being a top 5 side this season unless they bring in a few....

1) Royston

2) Colney Heath

3) Berkhamsted FC

4) Dunstable Town

Anyone else think the same???

Fire away.

Fire away.

Fav ground is Hertford and worst is WGC - sorry wgcfc

Best pitch is prob Broxbourne

Best pitch in Div 1 will be Langford. Cranfield is also very good

For Div 2 i found Kent Athletic decent and Caddington have a good clubhouse

FC 61 should be nuked!

Best food....Langford

league winners:

Prem - Royston

Div 1 - Wouldnt like to say!

Div 2 Winslow

Best food....Langford

Kentish Town will have something to say about that!

Do you think Berko could win the league? They bashed up nearly every team in Division One last apart from Kings Langley when they lost 5-0 and also got beat by Herts County Letchworth Garden Eagles who are a decent side to be fair. They also had a few close run games against the likes of Hoddeson, London Lions and AFC Dunstable who to me were a better side.... Will they match up to the likes of Royston, Colney Heath, Dunstable Town?????

Do you think Berko could win the league? They bashed up nearly every team in Division One last apart from Kings Langley when they lost 5-0 and also got beat by Herts County Letchworth Garden Eagles who are a decent side to be fair. They also had a few close run games against the likes of Hoddeson, London Lions and AFC Dunstable who to me were a better side.... Will they match up to the likes of Royston, Colney Heath, Dunstable Town?????

No.

I just think that they have the momentum to keep the push going. If they can supplement with a couple of extra bodies then I think they can push right until the end.

I'm not convinced by Colney Heath, I think they concede too many goals and certainly not convinced by Dunstable Town.

AFC Dunstable were probably the best team in Div 1 last year though. Very interested to see how that will unfold with Dunstable Town. Think AFC will be the better team.

Big Boss, I know what you mean by Colney Heath but with the new management of Draper and Cooper it could be interesting times, they have both been around and know alot of players so there could be a few new faces at the heath......Dunstable I hear has a big budget this season so they will definately be looking to push on and no doubt strengthen especially as they have there neighbours in the same league now so im guessing it will be bragging rights all the way, will be interesting..........

For me Royston have been very clever as they have seemed to pick up the best players of Hatfield Town, plus added Redford and the best of the breed from the orginal Royston players so they will be the team to watch this season.

Langford will be looking to bounce back up and with Wes Bryne ex Langford/Stotfold player im sure he will bring in a few names

Div 2 will be a lottery

I just think that they have the momentum to keep the push going. If they can supplement with a couple of extra bodies then I think they can push right until the end.

I'm not convinced by Colney Heath, I think they concede too many goals and certainly not convinced by Dunstable Town.

AFC Dunstable were probably the best team in Div 1 last year though. Very interested to see how that will unfold with Dunstable Town. Think AFC will be the better team.

Div 2 will be a lottery

Do you think so, surely Winslow United are already home and hosed

A tough one for me to answer as I have been away from the South Midlands League for over ten years now, so please note these answers will be based on my previous twelve years with the South Midlands League.

Best five grounds (and in no particular order), Langford, Thame United, Royston Town, Wingate & Finchley and Leighton Town. (I know some of these clubs have moved on but as I said its been a while).

Worst five grounds (again in no particular order), The 61FC (Luton), Shillington, Pirton, New Bradwell St Peter and Ickleford.

Pirton had a F'ing great team though

Yes I can remember many a great battle with them in the past and not to mention the final of the very first ever Herts Senior Centenary Trophy played at Boreham Wood.

Worst five grounds (again in no particular order), The 61FC (Luton), Shillington, Pirton, New Bradwell St Peter and Ickleford.

You wouldn't say that now with their new state of the art pitch side changing facilities

Pirton had a F'ing great team though

Yes I can remember many a great battle with them in the past and not to mention the final of the very first ever Herts Senior Centenary Trophy played at Boreham Wood.

Manager Brian "Taffy" Williams - legend!