Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Stotfold

Stotfold could well be dark horses this season folks following the announcement of some heavyweight appointments to their Management team. The Roker Park Club, on their own admission, under performed last season and with a flourishing youth set up and a new stadium on the horizon, ambitious Chairman Phil Pateman clearly means business:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=76306

Stotfold could well be dark horses this season folks following the announcement of some heavyweight appointments to their Management team. The Roker Park Club, on their own admission, under performed last season and with a flourishing youth set up and a new stadium on the horizon, ambitious Chairman Phil Pateman clearly means business:

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=76306

You do like a bit of hype, don't you Rhodes! Don't hold your breath on this one! Steve Young is a big bloke, but "heavyweight"? Whereas you just read stuff on the internet and believe it, I actually know these folks.

Could be interesting times at Stotfold then, Roy Ryall is a top bloke and did well at Langford and having Tony Lamacraft onboard shows they are looking to get local players back. Im guessing he has gained the experience needed at Bigglewade Town now to kick on, could the Lamacraft brothers be at Stotfold next season with Bobby Dance aswell, one to watch i reckon.......

Our football will do the talking this season Horace. Signings will be announced when we have them confirmed.

But one thing i will promise we will be MUCH stronger than last season in the Prem and Reserve Divisions.

That will be very welcome. I have a lot of respect for Bickers and for Roy, but I don't see Stotfold as major players in next season's title race.

You do like a bit of hype, don't you Rhodes!

Horace - Not at all, just the opposite infact, the informative Non League Today article on Stotfold speaks for itself and I wouldn't be surprised if Paul Attfield has had some sleepless nights since reading it

You do like a bit of hype, don't you Rhodes!

Horace - Not at all, just the opposite infact, the informative Non League Today article on Stotfold speaks for itself and I wouldn't be surprised if Paul Attfield has had some sleepless nights since reading it

PMSL!

It's got "Dave Griffiths" written all over it!

Who do you support Horace because if it isnt Royston who (with the money they continue to throw around) should win it and Dunstable (who allegedly are doing the same), we will be right up there.

Didn't mean to upset you Patemondo. I've obviously no actual idea how strong Stotfold will be, but the article reeked of Dave Griffiths, the only known person with a greater likelihood for hype than Rhodes!

I support Hertford Town (quite literally for a time!). No budget, but championship form towards the end of the season (last 8 league games - won 6, drawn 1, lost 1). We'll see how that translates to 2011/12

I also follow Colney Heath's results, as they are very much composed of old Hertford players. With ex Hertford legends Kevin Cooper and Glenn Draper joint managers for 2011/12, it will be interesting, very interesting. Now if Dave Griffiths got hold of that story, Rhodes would be orgasmic!

Edited by Horace

Haha knowing Dave as I do, he likes to have his name attached to relevant reports, so I doubt if it is him. Plus he is very loyal to the clubs he covers. As Langford are one of his clubs, I doubt if he would cover local rivals Stotfold. He goes a bit over the top but he's a good guy & alot of clubs would benefit from having him on their side.

Haha knowing Dave as I do, he likes to have his name attached to relevant reports, so I doubt if it is him. Plus he is very loyal to the clubs he covers. As Langford are one of his clubs, I doubt if he would cover local rivals Stotfold. He goes a bit over the top but he's a good guy & alot of clubs would benefit from having him on their side.

HaHa. I particularly like his "quotes" from managers, using words that you would never, ever, hear from their mouths!

Yes apparently it's looked like I've swallowed a dictionary in some reports I've read in the past ! Lol

Steve - Not Stotfold related but before I forget will you be on Sebastian Vettel tomorrow