Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kingstonian V Canvey Island - Echo Preview/Predictions/Updates

Matt H

Looks like it's quite a good game - why do I always miss them?!

Tell me about it! I could've gone to this one today and haven't been to Kingsmeadow since before AFC Wimbledon became the Landlords.

GOAL: Kingstonian 1-2 CANVEY ISLAND - King (73)

@CIFC - 2-1 to Canvey, Danny Heale hits post, ball rolls across line but Heale recycled for Rob King to head in.

Edited by Matt H
Update

Latest Scores heading into full-time:

AFC Hornchurch 0 - 0 Horsham

Bury Town 4 - 0 Hastings Utd

Carshalton Ath. 0 - 3 Hendon

Concord Rangers 3 - 3 Tooting & Mitcham

East Thurrock Utd 3 - 3 Wealdstone

Harrow Borough 0 - 1 Aveley

Leatherhead 1 - 3 Cray Wanderers

Lewes 2 - 0 Billericay Town

Margate 1 - 4 Lowestoft Town

@CIFC - Tolfrey turns a Rob King shot around the post

Played well today. Played 4-5-1 with either Rhodes or Gonnella tucking in upfront when attacking. I was impressed with Gonnella looks like a really good signing.

Will be interesting to see how we play Monday with Hallet and Curran back from suspension.

Edited by Lefty

A really impressive performance against a notoriously tough Kingstonian side.

The new lad looked decent and showed some good touches and linked up well with Healsey.

Rhodesy took his goal superbly. Still don't know how Danny's shot stayed out but he did well to stay alert and knock the ball back to Kingy to head home.

Thought Wardy and John Easterford were outstanding at the back, winning numerous headers and making a number of timely interventions.

That's twice in a week we've come back from a goal down to win.Hopefully we can continue this form against East Thurrock on Monday.

Six points from three games that I would've been happy to come out with three points is a great start, especially seeing as at least one of those away fixtures we would've done well to draw, last season.

East Thurrock will be another testing fixture I feel, but then seeing as only one team at each end of the table has full/nil points I see this league being just as tight as last season and every game will be a test for our consistency.

Edited by Matt H

This was a very impressive performance today, and apart from the opening 20 minutes and last 10 we were by far the better side. Gonnella looked very good, and him and Rhodesy switched wings a couple of times which I doubt the K's defence enjoyed very much!

If it hadn't have been for their keeper we could have scored at least another couple, especially the superb save to turn Kingy's powerful volley over just after we scored our first goal.

Rhodesy's goal was him at his best, and the poor defender just stood there after being turned inside out and left for dead! The finish was excellent also, which it had to be to beat Tolfrey in the form he was in.

As Powelly says, I don't know how Danny's shot stayed out, but he did well to keep switched on to get the ball back across for Kingy to head in.

The Yellow Army were in fine voice once again, with a group of Fulham fans in attendance looking to adopt us to sing for them!!

All round a very good day, roll on Monday!