Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

from the wingate and finchley website

haynab66

this is their opinion on their website of canvey as a football team, i always thought we tried to play football.

“Canvey are an experienced side. They’re a big side, they’ll play very direct and they are physical. What we’re going to get from them is what we know we’re going to get from them. It’s going to be a tough game; they’ll be in our faces. They are going to play a bit more direct than the teams we’ve played so far and it will be a great test for us to see if we can stand up to them.”

It's no wonder they lost if that's how they thought we played!! We dominated the match for long periods and played some really good football, and apart from their strikers Wingate didn't really look up for it. On another day we could have scored 5 or 6, but I'm quite happy with the 2-0, another win and another clean sheet!

Great performance yesterday. After a slow start, we closed Wingate down well and stopped them playing their normal passing game.

Dobbo was immense in midfield and Matty Game his usual combative self. I was impressed with their forwards and they gave us plenty of problems but I thought Easterford and Sheehan handled them well.

Thought Jay did well when he came on and showed alot of energy and drive. Took his goal well.

Could have been four or five if it hadn't of been for their keeper although we did have a stroke of luck with that shot in the second half that hit the post and rolled near the goal-line.

Bury should be a decent game on Tuesday. They've made a rather inconsistent start to the season so may be a good time to play them.