Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Can't believe it!

Reading this match report on another forum:

FA Vase

Wivenhoe Town 2 - 6 Halstead Town

A game whose scoreline belies a rather poor game, punctuated by a few absolutely cracking goals.

I'm not sure if I'm getting old before my time but I swear the standard of Eastern Counties League football really has gone downhill over the past 2 or 3 seasons.

Maybe it's a natural consequence of the stronger teams finally taking promotion on a regular basis which didn't tend to happen until Sudbury finally took the plunge a few years ago, and several have now followed.

I used to think you would be unlucky if you went to an Eastern Counties League match and saw a stinker, but I think that might be a bit more of a common occurrence these days.

These two teams were very young, game and most probably get little more then a coke in the bar as way of payment (if that) so I shouldn't be too harsh, but there didn't seem to be much in the way of skill, forward thinking, ball control or idea of putting together a coherent passing movement.

---------------------------

What do you make of it?