Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Countdown to the 'Scum Derby'....

Ryan.c

Surprisingly this is only the 28th meeting between the clubs. Even more suprisingly there have only ever been two draws. And even more surprising than that (is it possible?), is that we've never drawn each in the Essex Senior Cup! Worryingly they lead 13-12 in the head-to-head, and depressingly our recent record against them is soiled PANTS!

Surely it's time for a shift in power?

Match preview now on official site which also gives an insight into last Saturday's game with Whitehawk.

Early doors Stewarts Saturday morning for those that fancy it.....

Love the professional pre-match day analysis, I think the real football fans amongst us would love to pick up the Sun on a saturday morning and read the big match preview for Spanners V Barnsley and see the phrase, "West Hams record to Barnsley is soiled pants!".

I think you are wasted Ryan, your talents truly wasted lol

As for Sat, cant wait. I will be up town for just after midday

From the Match Preview on the official site:-

Edwards and his management team started their preparations for Canvey straight after the Whitehawk game and made a point of making sure the newer additions to his squad knew the importance of the game to all at New Lodge.

‘We started preparing the players for the Canvey game straight after the win last Saturday. It’s important the newer players know the significance of the game and what it means to everyone at the club. They are all bang up for it’

Interesting approach this. Marked contrast to comments I recall Matt Jones making about a game against our ex-squatters. He took the approach that it might be a big deal for the fans, but as far as the team were concerned they should treat it as just another 3 points to be won.

Horses for courses I suppose.

I just think it's interesting to compare the two styles of management. Craig using the "derby" aspect of the fixture to get the players revved up. Matt trying take the heat out of it.

No right or wrong way, I guess. Although I think we lost the squatter fixture, so hopefully Craig's pitched it right for the current squad!