Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Is the Essex Senior League more open this season?

Appears as if the Essex Senior League is as open as the Ryman Div 1 this season, five points separate seven teams . Whilst Enfield and Witham started the season as favouries, Southend Manor are looking the most attractive with Barkingside putting in a good show under new management along with the brooding,moody ever consistent Bethnal Green who always look too good to be in the division but always seem to have travel closing out games

Biggest surprise must be Sporting Bengal, anybody know anything about them?

Re Sporting Bengal we played them last weekend - they brought on a sub who was the biggest fella I have ever seen. He was that big he had Diversion written on the back of his shirt not a number !!!

Seriously not a bad side will finish mid table I reckon

It's definately an open league, best footballing side i've seen all year is Har/Walth Dev and the're second from bottom so I'm not sure what that does say's about the actual quality of football being played.

League certainly set up for an exciting winter period, will be interesting to see which teams are consistent enough to stay in touch or put in a run of results to get back in contention.

Barking will be disappointed with their position but fancy them to turn it round, Basildon will be hard to beat from here on in under Woodsy. Barkingside looking good and seem to have their team spirit back and reckon Bengal can go higher than mid table as some talented individuals at the club.

Most of the fancied clubs in the mix somewhere near the top half so should be some good games coming up.

Edited by FLIP FLOP