Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Proud of you, lads

Swifty

A magnificent result at Woking, only losing 1-0 to a deflected shot against a team on their way to the Conference National and 50-odd places above us in the non-League standings.

Sounds like the lads gave a Conference South performance themselves tonight from reading Twitter.

I really hope we keep as many of these players for next season. Great bunch of lads, blossoming into a really good team with plenty of potential. With any luck, next season could be awesome.

Well done, lads. Sorry I couldn't be there. Proud of you.

Yes, a very impressive performance against a full Woking team. Woking dominated possession in the first half but we restricted them to a couple of half chances but the best opportunity fell to Mark Bitead but his shot was well saved.

Second half, we were absolutely magnificent and scared the living delights out of Woking. Paulo, Dan and Mark all went close with Bitmead's strike from a free kick being the pick of them, a screamer from 30 yards that left their keeper clutching at air.

Well done, boys, keep up the good work.

Fantastic effort from our young team tonight! really superb.

Its hard to pick a man of the match because everyone played thier part. With the chances created Woking were lucky to scrape into the next round.

Well done everyone!!

A few other people’s comments from last night.

From the Kempster forum -

Decent enough match - not sure how strong the home side were. The 'Tangs' put in a good shift and can be proud of themselves - made the Cards keeper work very hard late on to avoid the dreaded ET.

(In response) Woking's starting 11 have started 205 first team games between them this season. It wasn't far off their strongest available side.

From Woking’s forum -

I think our match report makes us seem far better than we actually were. If Ashford had taken just a small percentage of their chances we would have been embarrassed.

I don't think Little had a difficult save to make to be honest. Ashford had a few decent chances but never actually looked like scoring any. Our players seem to play these like a training session in my opinion.

At the match last night and thought we made Ashford look reasonable. They are 3(?) divisions lower than us but it did not look that way to me.

Edited by Swifty

Woking had Ten first teamers starting, i was told.

I think we had 3 1on1's with their keeper. One the keeper saved from Bits, Ashley hit the post/bar and the other Pietro scuffed his shot as he streched for the ball.

Ed made the keeper parry a shot into the middle of the goal and Dan blazed a shot over with the keeper stranded. Bitmeads 30 yard free kick had the keeper beaten all ends uo but the ball was just wide, i am sure we had a few more chances that i cant remember as i write and on another day we could have easily come away with a win.