Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reserve Team - Suburban League?

The Club's decision to re-apply for entry to the Suburban League is welcome, in my opinion.

Whilst the financially important 'groundshare' with Staines Lammas will prevent any (if not many) Saturday home games for the Ressies, I would hope that the 2nd team enjoy more support and a higher profile than the Capital League has given them. In earlier seasons, I well remember watching future 1st teamers playing under the direction of Bill Simpson, Nathan, and Glynn Stephens.

If the application is successful, I see this as an important step forward for the club as a whole. I am sure that those in a better place to judge than me will see the Capital League experiment as not being a disaster at all, but well done to all for this bold and (in my view popular) forward-thinking decision.

I think it's a step in the right direction too. I think one or two people were a little worried about the reserves' standing within the club as a result of their playing in the Capital League, and it hasn't quite worked as planned. Onwards and upwards.

Edited by Swifty