Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch 3, MARGATE 0

Wellsie

Stats, match commentary "highlights", reaction from Chrsi Kinnear and match headlines available now on www.margate-fc.com.

Full match report follows.

Not good enough. We had the best away record in the league at the start of the year and have taken just 1 point from the last 24 away and won just once in our last 12 games. Listening to Chris Kinnears interview he is still blaming the loss of Kwesi saying we haven't got quality players - I disagree; there is enough quality in that squad that should be performing much better than they are(Bodkin our best player benchwarming again doesn't help things). We cannot keep blaming the loss of one player for this depressing run. Expecting 3 points and much improved performance on Saturday against the leagues whipping boys!!!

As far as I remember he decided he didnt want to travel this far down and Hornchurch offered him a deal.

Water on the bridge now of course!!

Well i'm not sure how to best comment on last nights performance, i will ponder for a while then respond.

However on a positive note i reckon i have spent £1000 + seeing Margate just this season away. I base that on £10 entry, £3-4 on drink £1 50/50-Golden goal, and at least £35 for petrol there and back might be a bit conservative. x this by 20 + away matches =

And i know for a fact i'm not the only one who must be spending this sort of money!!!!!!

Lets not talk about the home season ticket & spend & sponsorship.....The reason i state this is that I believe this SHOULD give me

some basis for me to make my views known without the feeling of just being a moaning old g*t!!!!

I'm not as skilful or knowledgeable on tactics as others, i just say what I see.....

Why is it some games we always seem to play players out of position. Our most creative chance seem to come when we use the wing.

So put Bodkin on one side and maybe Stubbs on the other. In the front position Tommy Murphy, with either Birchel (who I am warmimg to) or Dare I say it Bradbrook (Who was quite good on Tuesday night).

Don't bother with midfield we don't play the ball out or up the filed, therefore surely only 1 or maybe two in midfield. Players with a HARD CRUNCH who will throw themselves at the opposition. Defence will come good, as will the keeper. Can't help thinking that maybe as I said before let the keeper do his own thing, and for God sake take command of the area, I want to hear him screaming at his players, organising them and getting ugly with them.

Like Tuesday we never seem to pass to a player accurately (Slight exaggeration), and certainly we never seem to have the space that our opposition always seem to find. (Someone said they look as though they always had an extra player on the field)

Shoot more at goal, worry their keeper, be stronger in the challengers.

Play on the ground.....I know same old stuff......

We were so convincingly outplayed last night it was astounding. Now Hornchurch are a good side my favourites for play offs but on paper is there such a big gulf between the two sides? However as a unit they played with speed, penetration, had time on the ball, found their team mates and were incisive in front of goal. It was an easy night for them and three points thank you very much. The worry for me is we don't look like a team. Where is the belief? We are at the business end of the season and we have players out of position. Are we progressing? On evidence of last night no. Appiah was a class act. Where would we have been this season without his contribution?

We were so convincingly outplayed last night it was astounding. Now Hornchurch are a good side my favourites for play offs but on paper is there such a big gulf between the two sides? However as a unit they played with speed, penetration, had time on the ball, found their team mates and were incisive in front of goal. It was an easy night for them and three points thank you very much. The worry for me is we don't look like a team. Where is the belief? We are at the business end of the season and we have players out of position. Are we progressing? On evidence of last night no. Appiah was a class act. Where would we have been this season without his contribution?

Business end of the season? We're mid-table with nothing to play for. If you can't experiment now, when can you?

We were so convincingly outplayed last night it was astounding. Now Hornchurch are a good side my favourites for play offs but on paper is there such a big gulf between the two sides?

Well, yes. Look at the experience in this season's Hornchurch squad. Anderson has played for Fulham's first team. Black has more than 200 Football League appearances. On the bench last night they had Hunt who played in the Premier League and Thompson who has been at Bolton, Stockport and Torquay. How they can afford all this on 200 gates is a strange one but that's their business.

Business end of the season? We're mid-table with nothing to play for. If you can't experiment now, when can you?

Why are we in mid-table with nothing to play for? As for experimenting - I thought that is what we were doing in Jan/Feb when we lost 6 league games in a row.

Black left last week.

Most of those players,including black and hunt and thomson are on peanuts,they are just happy playing for a team with unity.

Our saturday gates are around 300,still crap but a bit better.

I doubt that we have a bigger budget than the majority of ryman prem clubs,just a good manager who wheels and deals

Why are we in mid-table with nothing to play for? As for experimenting - I thought that is what we were doing in Jan/Feb when we lost 6 league games in a row.

It is a year ago that IoC ceased to be Margate manager. Will you still be bitter about it a year from now? Anyway, I am sure he soon landed a good job elsewhere...

It is a year ago that IoC ceased to be Margate manager. Will you still be bitter about it a year from now? Anyway, I am sure he soon landed a good job elsewhere...

I'm still bitter Butler went ;)

Black left last week.

Most of those players,including black and hunt and thomson are on peanuts,they are just happy playing for a team with unity.

Our saturday gates are around 300,still crap but a bit better.

I doubt that we have a bigger budget than the majority of ryman prem clubs,just a good manager who wheels and deals

Indeed. Footballers are well known for not being motivated by money.

Only two of your Saturday league crowds this season have been over 300 and eight below.

Nonetheless, you are having a splendid season. Well done.