Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Basildon United v Sawbridgeworth Town

a groundhopper reports:

Basildon United 1 Sawbridgeworth 3 Essex Senior League

Admission £5/£5

Programme £1

Tea £1- ina mug

Attendance 28.

There was friendly welcome for out car load of hoppers and I was given the last metal badge for free! The ground is rather decrepit, which is a sham as there is plenty of space for expansion. There was no draft beer in the clubhouse only a few bottles. The result was rather harsh on the home team who probably had an equal amount of the play as Sawbridgeworth. They saw two superb shots saved by the visiting keeper who injured his shoulder saving the second shot- I hope he is OK! In the second half the visitors scored two superb goals, both by the number 10. I'm glad I visited this ground and I really hope someone can bring back the good times to this club. The quality of football on show was very poor as has all Essex Senior Football I've seen over the last few seasons. To be fair both teams did try and play football on a diffcult pitch. I have to say the goalposts seem to be leaning backwords and I'm sure one post was higher than the other.

a groundhopper reports:

Basildon United 1 Sawbridgeworth 3 Essex Senior League

Admission £5/£5

Programme £1

Tea £1- ina mug

Attendance 28.

I was given the last metal badge for free!

Cusack will be spitting feathers when he finds out! ;)

lets hope we take enough to pay the refs thats always my first concern,anything over that is a bonus.be nice if everyone stays for a drink after match cheers.

Is it really the end, or is there a possibility of a last minute reprieve?. IMO Basildon United are what grass roots football is all about, which is so unlike what the greedy money grabbing selfish Premiership has become.