Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Member - Yet Another Enfield Towner

Des

My first post. Just joined up. Hello!

I used to be a very keen, but not very good player with works teams and local Old Boys sides, though never for my own old school, including Veterans. I had a spell playing in the Barbados Premier League, in my 30's. That's not as great as it sounds and it comes with a long personal story. Best kept for another day.

Originally a South Londoner, I've been a Fulham FC fan for 35 years. I started off watching the Fulham team that included Bobby Moore, George Best & Rodney Marsh. As any proper football fan will tell you. You are stuck with your first club. So I have watched them through thick & (some very) thin, ever since. But I've also been along to watch other teams, wherever I've been living or to accompany friends, including: Charlton, Palace, Stoke, Cambridge United, Peterborough.

I moved to Enfield in 1990. Went to a few Enfield FC games, when they were still at Southbury Road. Started going along to watch Enfield Town FC from their first Ryman League game at the QEII stadium, in Nov. '11. Have been to most Saturday home league games since then - and the odd away match. Planning to get along to the play-off match against Grays tomorrow night (Thursday). I know we beat Grays at the weekend 0-3 at their place; but it was 0-0 until they were reduced to 10 men.

Enfield will have home advantage in the play-off semi-final tomorrow night (Thursday @ 7.45pm).

The Good News: ETFC has the second best Home form in the league, after Leiston. We have only lost twice at home, with a GD of + 30.

The Bad News: Grays has the best Away form in the league, after ... errmm, no-one. They have only lost 4 times on the road, GD of + 19.

Rest assured it will be a tight game. Any red cards could decide the result again.

Come on, You Towners!

DES