Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor V Croydon

Spital Rover

Very impressive performance by Windsor in beating Croydon 6-0. Or was it? Not completely sure as Croydon were content to give the ball back to Windsor at every opportunity. Poorest team I've seen for a while to be honest.

Ben Harris might lack a little in front of goal (experience I guess) but with the ball at his feet running at the defence he is as good as any front man I've seen at Stag Meadow in the last 4 years. Better than O'Toole and Chennells in that regard. A real handful and Croydon couldn't deal with him so resorted to hacking him down at every opportunity (not maliciously imo, they just couldn't deal with him).

The improvement in him in the last year is amazing.

Fagan was unavailable so Kyle Antony slotted in at the back and was class. Interesting that there seemed a little more urgency in creating forward momentum from the back. Less of the patting it around the back 4 which has become a feature this year.

Pleased to say that Mustapha Mohammed the youngster who I bigged up after the U18s game against Reading (I can spot a player, me! ;)) came on for 10 mins and looked impressive in that short time. Ryan Gibbs also had 10 mins but didn't see much of the ball.

No complaints from me. A very solid performance from front to back so I really could not have wished or asked for a better send off. Could have scored far more than the 6 we did and may well have done. Croydon's keeper played particularly well to keep the scoreline respectable. Great to see youngsters on the bench and even better that they should get a bit of the action.

Archived