Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Zenit St. Petersburg Demand Non Gay & Non Black Team

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20770678

Rumours that their next Chairman will be Nick Griffin are, so far, unsubstantiated.

You've got to remember that this is Russia, Adam.

At the end of the day any final diecision will be made by Vladimir, (KGB Boss) Putin. What he says, GOES !!!!

Is it really any different to Celtic who once had a policy of only signing Catholics and Rangers only signing Protestants, or the tens of thousand of people clamoring for restrictions on the amount of foreign players playing in the UK. I believe there's clubs in Spain that only sign players born in a defined region, and Yorkshire cricked club had a similar policy.

My own view is that the foreign players have greatly enhanced the top echelon's of football in England, but at unmeasurable cost to the national team. When I first started watching football a very high proportion of players where brought up close to the clubs they invariably played for, and it always seemed more personal because they was always "one of us", and had a unique affinity with supporters.

Thankfully though football has evolved and fans can now watch some of the finest players on the planet,(I had the privilege of watching Edgar David on Saturday at Dagenham & Redbridge) and clubs that allow bigotry to determine the human content of their teams can hopefully only have year of mediocrity to look forward to.

Archived