Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

godhalming

brenwill

Sorry about the spelling Godalming, but not sorry about the result 3 all. After going 2-0 down Ashford showed superb character to pull 1 back just before half time through Jack Mullan, and another magnificent header by Scott Weight after the restart. Godalming went 3-2 up when Warren Harris scored with a scorcher from 20+ yards that gave Macca no chance. But full credit to the whole Ashford team they didn't drop their heads and were very nearly rewarded with an equaliser from the hard working Mario Q'a (apologies), who managed to get round the goalie but then miss an almost open goal. Ashford kept pressing and in the 89th min. Pietro Palladino again got round the keeper and after riding a couple of nasty tackles managed to squeeze the ball in from an almost impossible angle. Unable to pick a man of the match the whole team were magnificent. Come on you Tangerines

Just wanted to say what a cracking game of football I witnessed yesterday. I will admit after 20 minutes when the boys were two nil down I thought to myself this could be a long afternoon perhaps I should have a little more faith! Despite being two down Mario missed a golden chance from a saved Pietro effort. The turning point of match had to be Jack's goal before half-time Im sure that gave the league leaders something to think about at Half-Time.

Onto the Second half and I must say Ashford were the better team really taking the game to Godalming chances came and went one to Mario who made me look silly as I was literally hands up in the air celebrating I made to make out I was scratching my head as the ball sailed over the bar!

I thought Scott Weight was superb yesterday and his headed goal which by no means an easy chance was deserved - he was Man of the Match for me.

Warren Harris who was clearly their best player popped up with a great goal but I could sense the boys were not beaten and it was left for Pietro who's non stop running was rewarded with a well taken goal - a well deserved point for the management and players.

I have spent many years watching premiership and non league football and to be honest the passion and hard work you see players who are not on mega money put in puts some premiership players to shame.

There are still many league games to go and maybe a cup final aswell? so lets get behind Burgo and the boys!

Archived