Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey

marksandwell

Yes crowds are superb for this level, well in fact at almost all non-league levels! I read somewhere that we are one of the top 20 or so supported teams in the whole of non-league. Shouldn't forget that we got over 4,000 for our FA Vase semi-final against Spennymoor, even used a helicopter to help dry the pitch out.

Captive audience of course, cant imagine many travel to Premiership or Football league games, population of around 65,000, which is about half of Thanet, but success as we know brings additional fans, if their season isnt what they want this year then that will surely reduce quite significantly, as has ours, but all in all I hope for one they give Ramsgate a good spanking !!!  

How many Geurnsey supporters usually travel away then?

Probably only a small handful from Guernsey due to the cost, it's usually about £150 per match for flight and transfers. However there is a good number of ex-pats that travel to many of the games. In the CCL we have often out-numbered the home support.

Captive audience of course, cant imagine many travel to Premiership or Football league games, population of around 65,000, which is about half of Thanet, but success as we know brings additional fans, if their season isnt what they want this year then that will surely reduce quite significantly, as has ours, but all in all I hope for one they give Ramsgate a good spanking !!!

I know of a few that are season ticket holders at premier league sides, ranging from Stoke to Liverpool to Man Ure.

For those who do travel to the island I am always happy to offer any help I can in getting you tour lovely island.

some would say that the Isle of  Thanet is an equally beautiful island.

some have  also alleged that Thanet council has provided a similar unique style of government and planningt.

the comparisons are endless.

beautiful beaches/weather.

• 1 month later...

In the past we have had teams come over here, often from a higher League, but this season it doesn't look like we will have any friendlies.