Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Rother

Windsor 4-3 Harefield

Hugely impressed by the 1st half display (3-0), on a bone hard pitch I thought we pinged it about very well. Good movement, vision, control, passing... all bodes very well. Particularly impressed by newcomers No 3 and No 5 - 2nd half not so good but that 11 was populated by lots of new faces so was to be expected I suppose.

Great to get out and see a game.

Looking forward to Saturday. (Will there be food....?)

Horrible pitch, be good to be back at Stag Meadow on Saturday. Agree with Rother excellent first 45 minutes. Great to see Hicks get a good 45 minutes under his belt and the new keeper looked solid and very vocal. Completely different side in second alf with lots of triallists but good solid start!

First half was very impressive with the usual goal machines of Gouldy and Laza scoring. Good to see the vast majority of the squad back all looking chipper and raring to go.

Espcially like the Centre back (Rio Ferdinand look-a-like) in the second half and the number 6 in the second half. I am sure he played last year but can't remember his name.

The pitch was dry and bumpy and I bet the lads are looking forward to getting back to the meadow on Saturday.

I am looking forward to catching up with everyone again and getting into the season. Bring It on!!!

It was also nice to get a lot of good reactions about my weight loss. It made me feel brilliant so cheers for that :)

Windsor 2-1 Hayes & Yeading

Enjoyable game and a splendid performance against a team 3 leagues above. They put us under the cosh in the 2nd half for a whole but, unlike last season, the defence looked very solid. The new No 5 has made a difference.

Shame that Dan Hicks messed up for their goal because he scored an excellent goal himself and had his best ever game for us at the back.

VERY promising.

Unlucky tonight. First half we were very impressive and the better side on the pitch. Unlucky not to be ahead before they scored from a penalty in the 45th minute. I suspect they had a bit of a rollicking at half time as they stepped up a bit second half. Finished 3-0 but a lot of positives to come out of tonight. Interesting to see Slough got beat at Hayes &Yeading tonight, shows just how well we played against them on Saturday!

I think you were wearing Rose Tinted Specs last night!

At no stage were we the better team in my eyes. They moved the ball about impressively and always had men spare to receive the ball. Our defence put in some great challenges in the 1st half to restrict their chances but they looked the stronger, faster and more experienced unit.

Don't get me wrong, I thought we did very well and I was more than happy at half-time.

In fact I was more than happy after the 2nd half as well - I thought we acquitted ourselves extremely well against a team we will not come up against the like of (or anywhere close to it) in the CCL. 

Everyone played well - but we could still have lost 7-0 but for some heroic last ditch tackles, some profligacy in front of goal and some excellent saves from Dennison, who I think is an excellent addition. (Mind you, that 2nd goal was a howler on his part!)

I agree with Geggy, thought they played very well last night and penalty aside, the goals came after a few substitutions had disrupted the flow of the game.

Didn't look/get outplayed by an established team 2 levels above with some good experienced players in their ranks.

Thought Hampton started the brighter but after 10 mins Windsor really run the show in the first half. Second half was a much more even contest.

Hicks & Sheehan stood out for me and despite the penalty, Dennison made some cracking saves at the town end towards the end of the game.

Impressed with the performance and work rate, hopefully all bodes well for the season.

Rother - I guess that's the beauty about football, differing opinions. I stand by I thought we were the better team in the first 44 minutes, and no rose tinted glasses here whatsoever! Second half they upped their game. Not once did I think we'd lose 7-0 though! But as I say all about opinions! Isn't it great to have football back!

Indeed!

Didn't say I thought we would lose 7-0 (or deserved to) just that we could have done with the number of chances they had.

Anyway, lost 1-0 to Binfield in a pretty poor game. We didn't string much together at all, Binfield were bigger and stronger and hardly gave us a sniff in an aerial challenge in their half.

Missed Gould and Sheehan and nobody really stepped up today.

Chris Dean went off with what looked like an injury that could keep him out for a bit which is a shame as he'd looked good in other games.

I said it last season and I'll say it again now - we could use a big ugly bugger up front sometimes. Harris has got a great leap on him so should win a few headers when he comes back but we do lack a bit of physical strength in the opposition half.

Archived