Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Whyteleafe 4-2 Windsor

Rother

Wasn't at the game myself but came across this report:

"Whyteleafe 4-2 Windsor A game that was a lot tougher than the scoreline suggests. Leafe started brightly and took the lead in the 11th minute when a good run and pinpoint cross was tapped home by the goal machine, Roscoe D'Sane. However after that Windsor started to control possession and were making things happen mainly thanks to their no.8 who was bossing the midfield. It wasn't then much of a surprise to see them equalise shortly before half time following an uncharacteristic mistake from Leafe keeper, Sheikh Ceesay, who had looked very solid up to then. 1.1 at ht soon became 2.1 to the visitors in the 2nd half when they nicked the ball in midfield and opened up the Leafe defence. This prompted Leafe manager, John Fowler to ring the changes and bring on fresh legs in the form of youth team forward Ollie Thornton and the returning Sam Clayton. The return had the desired effect and Leafe were soon back on level terms when the impressive Taylor Smith leaped higher then anyone else to head home stylishly. Leafe then took the lead after persistance from Ollie Thornton in the box allowed hime to poke home the 3rd. Windsor then started to push players forward leaving them vulnerable on the break. Bentley Graham should have made it 4 but a bobble just as he was about to strike the ball saw his shot fly over the bar. Sam Clayton did grab a 4th to make the game safe towards the end after latching on to a D'Sane through ball and sticking it through the keepers legs much to the delight of the vociferous home support behind the goal. The Windsor keeper seemed rattled by this and after starting the half praying to the heavens and crossing himself he finished it asking the Leafe fans out for a fight. Somewhere along the 45 minute path he lost his way, which is more than you can say for the Leafe who's impressive season continues apace."

Yesterday was the best I have seen us play and that report is not an unfair assessment even though I can't comment on Carl D as that all happened at the other end of the pitch. There were so many good performances from our lot and it would be harsh to single any of them out. I was extremely proud of the way we went about things and there are definitely more positives to take than negatives. To be honest, they were crapping themselves when we went 2-1 up. 

Crapping ourselves is probably overdoing it. 

From what I could make out your keeper was a bit narky with the few Leafe fans behind the goal first half and that resulted in a little...OK quite a bit, of baiting in the second half. 

Have to say Jason Sheehan was one of the best players on the park but in Jason Thompson and Jensen Grant we were missing two key centre mids. Last time they were both missing we lost 3-0 at Sevenoaks.

10384144716_f312543b96_z.jpg

Archived