Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Trophy v Grays

OldTowner

So Steve's sarcasm as you put it at the end of a match when he was subjected to quite a lot of verbal abuse whilst we were losing has upset a few. Maybe the emotional aspect of the game and passion took over a bit too much , but surely a man is entitled to celebrate a victory and answer critics. Personally I think the club was in far more of a mess when Steve joined . Mid table finishes Ryman North , where are we now ? Ryman Prem for the second season. In five seasons we are in a new stadium , have larger crowds and are playing at a higher standard. Well Done Steve what another fine mess you have got us in.

I also agree with supporter 30 with the comments he has made in his last post.

The sarcasm shown towards the supporters behind the goal after the Lowerstoft game was awful.

The board should have had a strong word with him and he should have been warned about his behaviour.

As i have previously posted he should have gone last year after the debacle of a season we had then.

In relation to comeon.

I agree that we were in a mess when Steve took over. But his time has now gone and he should leave asap.

The crowds are starting to get smaller as the season goes on. I wonder why that is. Could it be supporters are sick of paying good money for watching total rubbish on the field and a manager off iit who has lost the plot.

I am afraid to say that i think the board have also lost it and for some reason are terrified to make the tough decision which i would say most of the supporters realise needs to be made.

Debacle ? We were promoted to a higher division the aim of the board and most supporters was to survive . We achieved that albeit it not as comfortably as we would have liked I grant you. We haven't got the resources of a Whitehawk Lowestoft, Maidstone , Dulwich etc to kick on and go though the leagues. Promotion and relegation are part and parcel of football. I wonder what Crystal Palace fans are hoping for right now. We finished above 6 teams last season . Hastings got relegated with all their cup run money to spend. Thurrock finished below us with an experienced manager who has managed at league level and won the FA Trophy. I would hardly call that a debacle . It is clear that you want Steve gone as do one or two other posters on here and your wish will come true one day of course. In my opinion our club has progressed since he came to us. Do you think if Mourinhio was manager of Crystal Palace they would be where Chelsea are ?

Okay everybody, listen up

I have been watching this thread like a hawk all week, and I have, for the most part, been impressed by the relatively civilised nature of the debate on what is an emotive subject.  However, with posts now getting more and more heated, I think that the time has come to lock this thread.  We are now going round in circles, with the posts amounting to little more than a game of "Steve in/Steve out" tennis, and, unless we all calm down a little, it will only end in tears.

Although I cannot prevent anyone from continuing the discussion elsewhere on this forum, I am appealing to everyone involved to give it a rest for a while.