Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The beating of Margate

Patriot

Myself and a few hardy souls ventured out to this one and we came home feeling very pleased we had made the effort.

100% improvement across the park and the two new lads both looked very useful and contributed a goal a piece.

Margate undeservedly went into half time one nil up, which came about from the only real chance of the half. Billericay had looked lively first half but failed to create much of an attempt on goal.

Second half was a different story with Billeicay camped inside Margates half and it looked only a matter of time before we got a deserved equaliser. We got the equaliser and then numerous chances came and went before we got our winner. Some feared, as the chances fell away that we were not gonna find the goal but we pushed on, kept creating and the goal came. Was so refreshing to see the boys stay positive and stick to the game plan. Margate could not have grumbled if they had lost four or five one as we created so many clear shots that we put wide and several one on ones which we failed to capitalise on.

Isaac looked A handful all night and with continual match time will start slotting home the chances which he failed to on the night. He played a pivotal role in the first goal and was instrumental across the park, finding space and being a pest. Sappleton seemed to have found his boots as he put in a very strong and energetic display, wining numerous balls in the air and constantly turning the Margate defence. I even have to reveal as I was there, that he ran back fifty yards to successfully tackle back and win the ball. Saps did everything but put the ball in the back of the net and looked like the striker we know he can be.

Defence also put in a solid showing with Rogers standing out in my view once again.

All in all a cracking night, we even managed a couple of pints in broadstairs!

It never ceases to amaze me how fewer posts we get when we win compared to a loss.

Patriot is spot on with his match analysis, Issac was indeed a handful all night, and I doubt we have another player in our squad who would have been in those positions. Issac was so self critical of his misses though. Big Rick had his best game so far, doing  all the work we expect from him.,

It was good to come away not only with the win, but knowing we created so many chances as well.

Not much more to add really, I thought we were unfortunate to be behind at half time to another goal conceded right on half time.

Second half we controlled the game and carved out plenty of chances.

I was impressed with the two loanees.

More of the same Saturday and hopefully we can convert the away form into some wins at home soon too.

COYB!

Archived