Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight's Game with Harrow

Delboybtfc

The main thing was it was nice to see a game at long last !! Can see why the pitch has been a problem. Even after a couple of days of drier conditions one segment at the Blunts Road end was horrible, looked like a cabbage patch, the ball kept stopping and the pitch was badly churned up by end. With endless rain forecast this is going to be an ongoing problem.

The game itself was ok, the players showed a lot of endeavour considering the heavy pitch and we were probably just about worth our win. To be fair the ref helped where he could and let the game flow through a few clumsy tackles.

Man of the match for me was Ricky Sappleton, apart from his goal he won everything in the air and kept going very well. Even a burst of pace on 1 occasion !!!

Dire crowd unfortunately of only 185 or so. A few people I know didn't realise the game was definitely on until the last minute. We all have to get back into the habit of believing football has returned to New Lodge. A good 3 points, onwards and upwards.

"A few people I know didn't realise the game was definitely on until the last minute."

Surely from now on we must all assume UNLESS INFORMED OTHERWISE (Twitter, forum, BTSA Text all good sources) that it's game ON. The club and the team need our support.   

How about ringing / texting / talking to your mates in the couple of hours before a game to make sure they are coming along to?  No excuses then!

See you next at New Lodge on 15th v Carshalton in case you needed reminding.

"A few people I know didn't realise the game was definitely on until the last minute."

Surely from now on we must all assume UNLESS INFORMED OTHERWISE (Twitter, forum, BTSA Text all good sources) that it's game ON. The club and the team need our support.   

How about ringing / texting / talking to your mates in the couple of hours before a game to make sure they are coming along to?  No excuses then!

See you next at New Lodge on 15th v Carshalton in case you needed reminding.

Given the current and impending weather, I won't be making that assumption any time soon.

Yes, the crowd was smaller than I expected but understandably so.

All this ringing/texting is all well and good but the club could do more. Nothing on the BTFC Twitter account whatsoever at any stage let alone the crucial late afternoon time when most people would decide to go or not. Nothing about the match definitely going ahead on the website and whenever I've rung the club number displayed on the website on the evening of a match it's gone unanswered. Town Crier's comments on here gave me the confidence to attend.

Which leads me on to something I was wondering. Who does the inspection to see if an inspection is necessary? The whole south west corner of the pitch was worse than I expected and I know some referees who would have had a problem with that (wrongly in my opinion). Happily Tuesday's official was happy and refereed sensibly making good allowance for conditions.

So what you are saying is you’d like a personal message each and every time a game is going ahead??  Realistically that’s never going to happen.

And what are you wanting from @OfficialBTSA (probably the best twitter fed we have at the moment thanks to a volunteers diligence), a message at 4pm saying something like “nothing to tell you, no pitch inspection so far today” and the same evey half hour until 7:30?

When the fixtures say 7:45 kick-off then until I’m told otherwise I’ll be at the ground supporting the Blues where it matters. 

Yes during this apocalyptic weather I quite understand the frustration but for some i guess it’s glass half empty when for others it’s a glass half full.  Time for Kevin to serve me up another pint, which adds to the clubs coffers. :31: 

Given the current and impending weather, I won't be making that assumption any time soon.

Yes, the crowd was smaller than I expected but understandably so.

All this ringing/texting is all well and good but the club could do more. Nothing on the BTFC Twitter account whatsoever at any stage let alone the crucial late afternoon time when most people would decide to go or not. Nothing about the match definitely going ahead on the website and whenever I've rung the club number displayed on the website on the evening of a match it's gone unanswered. Town Crier's comments on here gave me the confidence to attend.

Which leads me on to something I was wondering. Who does the inspection to see if an inspection is necessary? The whole south west corner of the pitch was worse than I expected and I know some referees who would have had a problem with that (wrongly in my opinion). Happily Tuesday's official was happy and refereed sensibly making good allowance for conditions.

mcth why don't you go and do one ? All the ever do is come on here to put the club down, most of whom are volunteers. Nothing to say about the efforts to get the game on or a well won three points ?

Well done to all those who put the effort in to make sure the game went ahead. Considering we hadn't played for a while I thought the team looked very fit and fully deserved the win in difficult conditions.

COYB

The following are the best ways to find out if a games on or off or any other info that is out and about.  

Top hit would be @OfficialBTSA

2nd Face book page  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Billericay-Town-FC-Supporters-Association/203136729859048?hc_location=timeline

​Text 07541989431 and opt in to receive texts for only Game on or Game off notifications   This will only ever cost you your 1st text 

mcth why don't you go and do one ? All the ever do is come on here to put the club down, most of whom are volunteers. Nothing to say about the efforts to get the game on or a well won three points ?

Well done to all those who put the effort in to make sure the game went ahead. Considering we hadn't played for a while I thought the team looked very fit and fully deserved the win in difficult conditions.

COYB

Non-league football runs on the efforts of unsung volunteers. I wont bore you by telling you how much of my time is spent in the cause of local amateur football.

It was a deserved three points and there was effort aplenty. Somewhat more clinical finishing would have led to a less nervy last few minutes for crowd and management alike.

However my response to "the crowd was dire"  and "people didn't realise the game was on 'til the last minute" was to look at why that might be. The club has an Official Twitter site and an Official website; these will be the first port of call for those who know no better. These media should be utilised.

Yes, I found out on here that it was on. I was at the game; many weren't. In looking for reasons why this might be, other than just that people have got out of the habit of going, and I get told to "go and do one". Very constructive.

The following are the best ways to find out if a games on or off or any other info that is out and about.  

Top hit would be @OfficialBTSA

2nd Face book page  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Billericay-Town-FC-Supporters-Association/203136729859048?hc_location=timeline

​Text 07541989431 and opt in to receive texts for only Game on or Game off notifications   This will only ever cost you your 1st text 

Thank you. I suggest the club displays this useful information clearly on the home page of the website - at least until the rainy season is over.

Thank you. I suggest the club displays this useful information clearly on the home page of the website - at least until the rainy season is over.

Thank you for your input. 

Archived