Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town 0 Canvey 1

blue pilgrim

Another disappointing result, althought to be fair, neither team really deserved all 3 points.

Plenty of positive attacking football but both sides lacked quality in front of goal. If anything Town created the better half chances but nothing fell their way. It was always goiing to be a mistake for the goal, with Town giving the ball away upfield and old boy H slotting home in the final quarter.

To be fair, I thought it was a better performance than Saturday and the boys worked hard all evening. The defence looked solid with Halle and Scotty outstanding. Up front, the inexperience was obvious and they do really need the leadership of Sapps in and around  the opposition box.

Two other positives - the gate was 370 if I heard right and unlike Saturday, we had a good ref - good humoured, got most decisions right and refused to issue cards unless he really had to - well done that man.

COYB

We worked hard and defended much better as a unit. It looked like a 0 0 banker but H became the second old boy in a week to come back and haunt us.

The three subs we made were all fair enough to try and win the game but I was disappointed with all of their contributions.

We lacked a bit of quality where it matters but that costs money and therein lies the problem.

If we can play at the same tempo with the same work rate I am confident we will win Saturday.

We didn't really have a clear chance all game and neither did Canvey until they scored, but at home i feel playing teams of that quality we should be getting 3 points. It's obvious we need Sappleton and Dunne back as soon as possible then we will be strong throughout the whole XI. I personally think they've been the most promising players this season, will be good to get a win on Saturday and boost Morale again 

Archived