Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tamworths Clarke Takes One For The Team

FF News

Tamworth FC assistant Mike Fowler hailed the performance of two-goal midfielder Shane Clarke on Saturday.

Clarke netted two second-half headers in the 4-1 win over Stalybridge Celtic.

And Fowler admitted the former Lincoln City midfielder deserved his goals for the commitment he has had to put in to help make the team tick.

"For me, Clarkey is the one who has had to sacrifice himself the most for the team since the start of the run really," said Fowler.

"He's an energetic midfielder who gets forward really, really well.

"But when we play 4-4-2, you can't afford, with the dynamics of the team, to allow constant runs forward.

"So he's had to waver that a little bit and sacrifice himself for the team.

"It was funny because when we found out on Thursday there was a chance Brendon (Daniels) might not be fit, I said to Clarkey that, with the shape of the team, he might have more licence to get forward.

"You could see in his intensity in training he was up for that. I think he scored five times on the night!

"And he carried that on to Saturday. It was great to see him bag a couple."

Fowler added: "Clarkey has been brilliant. He has learnt loads and he has been disciplined in his role and I think he and Jon Adams have been superb in the middle.

"To keep a guy like Phil Trainer out of the side just shows how well they have been doing."

Read more: http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/

Source

Archived