Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Quiet Day For Grimsby Boss Hurst

FF News

AS expected, it was a quiet transfer deadline day at Blundell Park yesterday – with Paul Hurst's phone left firmly in his pocket.

Having tied up his incoming transfer business with the double signing of Christian Jolley and Gregor Robertson last week, the only remaining issue was whether any clubs would come in for Town's out-of-favour stars.

However, Hurst says it was a much quieter day than previous deadlines, with no enquiries whatsoever.

He said: "We had no tempting offers on deadline day and it was all very quiet yesterday to be honest.

"It was certainly better than the previous one when it was a bit more up in the air with one or two things still bubbling away.

"We did our business last week and so it made it a little bit easier for us and my phone wasn't ringing with managers asking us for any of our players, so we're as we are.

"I'm happy with that," he added. "I've always said we've got a good squad in place. The players that haven't been in the team are all still good players. Who knows what might happen in terms of injuries, suspensions or a sudden drop in form? They could find themselves back in the team.

"It's a tough job for those lads to stay motivated, but I was told at a very early age that as a footballer, you're self-employed almost so if players aren't putting it in when they are out of the team, then when the opportunity does arise, chances are they're not going to be ready to take it."

Read more: http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/

Source

Archived