Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Forest Green boss Pennock praises travelling fans

FF News

Forest Green Rovers manager Ady Pennock hailed the travelling supporters who made the trip to Saturday’s game at Barnet after he saw his team cruise to a magnificent 3-1 win.

A deal between the club and the Supporters Club, which saw both organisations fund free travel for supporters, saw 245 fans boost the players at The Hive.

It now means Rovers have gone eleven games unbeaten in the Vanarama Conference since the start of 2015, a record which has maintained the team’s position in the top five.

Speaking to the media after Saturday’s game, Pennock said: “They didn’t stop singing and I wanted them to have something to cheer about.

“We started off giving them a penalty, then after that the result was absolutely fantastic for the fans. I think it’s a fitting way to show our appreciation the way we played and that result was for them.”

A poor start saw the division’s top scorer, John Akinde, put the Bees ahead in the opening ten minutes.

But a fine response saw goals from Dale Bennett, Jon Parkin and Kurtis Guthrie lead to a superb 3-1 victory.

Rovers second half performance was particularly impressive, and Pennock’s half time words certainly appeared to have a desired effect.

“I thought we started very slowly, I wasn’t happy with them in the first half an hour. But then the rest of the game I was very pleased with them,” he added.

“I said a few things which were needed. I think we gave them too much respect at the start. They’ve had a fantastic season and are doing well but I think we gave them too much respect in the first half an hour.

“We got them in at half time and the way they responded was first class. I wasn’t happy with the back four and Stevie at half time. Second half obviously they showed what they can do. We’re away from home at a very good football club so you expect to have a little bit of pressure.”

And Pennock is pleased with the morale of his team ahead of the final eight games of the season.

“If you look at our bench they’re up and cheering. We’ve got squad players at home still with Nors and Sam Wedgbury still injured. From day one it’s all about the squad. The togetherness at the club now is exactly where I want it to be.”

Source: www.forestgreenroversfc.com

Source

Archived