Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Carlton Town boss to stand down

FF News

Carlton Town manager Les Mcjannet has announced he is to step down as manager of The Millers at the end of the season after five memorable years at the helm.

Mcjannet spoke to the players and senior club officials after the 1-0 home defeat to Romulus at Stoke Lane .

Mcjannet has led the team to three Senior cup finals winning two and losing one and also led the team along with Mark Clarke to their highest ever finish when they came 2nd in the league three years ago before losing in the playoffs to Leek Town.

Mcjannet then teamed up with former Notts County legend Iain McCullouch and last season ,they not only won the senior cup but reached the semi final of the League Cup after famously beating FC United of Manchester at Stoke Lane and getting unprecedented coverage on BBC Radio Nottingham.

Mcjannet called the players into the corporate suite after the defeat which leaves The Millers 18th in the table and after he had spoken to the players, chairman Mick Garton asked the players to ensure they attended the clubs presentation night and gave Mcjannet the send off he deserves.

In a statement the chairman told us "It has been a difficult season and Les has offered his resignation twice , we asked him to continue and keep us up and he has done that but after conversations in recent weeks ,it became clear we were coming to the end game in terms of his tenure at the club"

"Les feels he has took things as far as he can and that the club needs a fresh approach after 5 years of hearing his voice , he just explained to everyone that is the way football works and he had enjoyed four great seasons but admitted this one had been a bad one, he just felt it was the end of this particular journey "

" I am not ashamed to admit I was particularly emotional , I have so much respect for Les Mcjannet, he has been a pleasure to work with and I am personally absolutely gutted to see him go , he has over achieved at this football club given our small fan base and one bad season does not make him a bad manager after four years of an incredible journey"

" He is not only a fine manager but a very decent human being who always put the needs of the club ahead of anything else , I cannot speak highly enough of him"

"The club committee will meet this week as a matter of urgency to discuss the way forward but it is fair to say that after Les offered to step down after the Coalville away defeat , we did explore serious options going forwards and we will now explore those options in the coming days and will not be inviting applications at this moment in time "

"I hope supporters and players will turn out in force on Friday May 8th to pay their respects and celebrate what Les has achieved here in five years in the same way they did for Tommy Brookbanks , he deserves nothing less" concluded the Chairman.

Source: www.carltontownfc.co.uk

Source

Archived