Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Justin Clayton

3spirit

Sorry to see Justin Clayton leave.On the Slough website it sounds like Justin wasn't as committed as perhaps he should of been.

I wonder if the reason that he wasn't, is because he hasn't been able to nail down a regular first eleven spot?

I think someone like Chalfont St Peter or Aylesbury should snap him up ie challenging for the Central division, as he would be a great asset for a team. Shame it's not going to be us. 

Dan Hicks's form has put paid to that but I would have liked to have seen Justin a bit more than we have. Don't believe we've maximised his potential and I think we're being a bit hasty letting him go but it sounds more like we're balancing the books than anything else, regardless of this commitment thing.

My view is that I would have let a couple of others leave before Justin, but that decision is up to our managers.

Don't agree with it but heigh ho, that's life.

Nothing to do with balancing the books, it is to do with certain standards that we expect on and off the pitch, and we were not getting them or going to get them! Simple as that I am afraid! Really nice lad but not cut out for what we expect at step 3 football in terms of commitment.

You get that at most levels Mark up to Conference (as I know players who have missed games at that level for various reasons) unfortunately that is just realism in this day and age,  look at Hitchin who are going for the title, two of their better players have just gone travelling for 12 weeks this week, however if you want to know more specifics on what we expect you can always come and find me after a game and I can explain the circumstances, however I will not say anymore on the subject on the forum.

Cheers

Bakes

Neil  those two Hitchin players have both been replaced by players with football league experience  you can do that with long(ish) absences its the players who absent themselves from the odd  individual games that can cause problems.

Football league experience? One is a scholar from MK Dons youth team who has joined on work experience, the other was a scholar at Leicester about 6 years ago and has most recently been playing step 5 football.

Not sure either has football league experience unless I am missing something?

Neil  those two Hitchin players have both been replaced by players with football league experience  you can do that with long(ish) absences its the players who absent themselves from the odd  individual games that can cause problems.

The same could also have been said for us when Sean went away for 3 games, where we bought in Ryan Case who was a 1st year pro at Bournemouth as a direct replacement...

Nothing to do with balancing the books, it is to do with certain standards that we expect on and off the pitch, and we were not getting them or going to get them! Simple as that I am afraid! Really nice lad but not cut out for what we expect at step 3 football in terms of commitment.

Your point about keeping up standards and what you expect commitment wise from players is fair enough, Neil.

You know the full facts, I don't.

My observation about Justin was purely about what he's like on the pitch. To me he looked full of promise and seemed keen to impress. Certainly didn't look like a bad apple.

I thought his size and presence were a bonus to our team and he was raw enough to improve under yourselves.

To be honest, exactly what we need as a back up third centre half on the fringes of the team and offering a good alternative to Guy and Dan.

I couldn't believe our luck that we had got him in the first place. Pity we've had to let him go so quick, for whatever reason.

Archived