Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

GRENDON RANGERS FC

It's such a crying shame Grendon Rangers Football Club decided to turn their back on the SSML last year particularly with their amazing playing surface which 83 year old groundsman Robin Taylor has maintained at Main Street for the last nine years and walked off with prestigious award after award for his amazing efforts. Only last year he won the Berks & Bucks FA Groundsman of the Year award and attended a star studded ceremony at St George's Park with his proud son Richard, whilst there Robin met with Scott Brooks, Head Groundsman at St George's Park and Karl Standley, Head Groundsman at Wembley Stadium. It's a real fairy tale story:

fa-groundsman-of-the-year-2019-1

• 1 month later...

I believe this is on the Mursley United thread however over 100 photographs from Mursley United v Grendon Rangers at the end of the 2018/19 campaign, in a SSML Division 2 fixture on 6 April 2019, which Mursley United won 4-2, both teams finished with ten men due to some over zealous refereeing in what was a competitive but never dirty local derby at Station Road:  

Mursley United v Grendon Rangers SSMFL

Nice club Grendon and decent  friendly committee. Pitch was very good for our level. Being honest they probably made a mistake coming to south mids. They were a local side with limited attraction due to bigger local sides. They had a strong North Bucks team who were competitive in Div 2 at times but struggled with a small squad of players at that level. Made the right decision to regroup on North Bucks.

Photographs from Grendon Rangers v New Bradwell St Peter at Main Street in a 2014/15 SSML Division Two fixture on 28 March 2015, New Bradwell St Peter won 7-1 after I gather Grendon Rangers took an early lead:

Grendon Rangers FC

• 4 weeks later...

I know Grendon Rangers are no longer an SSML Club but I think we all still hold an affinity for them and here are over 100 photographs from a 2019/20 North Bucks and District League Interdivisional Knockout Trophy Third Round tie between Grendon Rangers Reserves and the mighty Yardley Gobion (Saturday) FC, at Main Street on Saturday 11 January 2020. Grendon Rangers won 1-0 in what was a hard fought affair in gale force conditions ruining the game as a spectacle, Will Young (not the singer) netted the goal on 56 minutes following hesitancy in the visitors defence:

Grendon Rangers Reserves v Yardley Gobion NBDL

Archived