Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Buildbase FA Vase Sixth Round

I see that Leighton Town made £9,625 in prize money from their FA Vase exploits this season however the Club will no doubt be thinking what might have been had they beaten Corinthian on Saturday with two sell out Semi Final's with Hebburn Town and another guaranteed £1,750 in prize money, its a real shame but, as Leighton Lad said, Corinthian were a surprisingly very good side on the day and were possibly under estimated:

Ollie Bayliss - I've just done the maths on Royston Town & Leighton Town's incredible cup runs, Royston Town won £27,450 in FA Trophy prize money! Leighton Town racked up £9,625 in the Vase! Huge money for both clubs!

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

• 1 month later...

Over seventy photos from the Corinthian v Leighton Town Sixth Round tie not posted previously:

Corinthian FC

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Over seventy photos from the Corinthian v Leighton Town Sixth Round tie not posted previously:

Corinthian FC

That guy in the backround needs to get of his phone and watch the bloody game ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent photographs from the Hebburn Town v Plymouth Parkway Sixth Round tie on 29 February that Hebburn Town won 2-0 in front of a 1,705 attendance and they would have met Leighton Town's conquerors Corinthian in a two legged Semi Final:

Hebburn Town 2-0 Plymouth Parkway

I gather that the Football Association have spoken to the eight FA Vase and FA Trophy Semi-Finalists to reassure them that they are determined to finish this season’s competitions. No date has been set and options are being kept open until matches are once again able to be played. That will sadden Leighton Town who arguably 'threw away' a great chance to reach the last four of the FA Vase, losing 4-3 at Corinthian in the Sixth Round on 7 March when leading 3-2 with fifteen minutes remaining and conceding the winning goal in stoppage time:

Billede

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 09:38, Savagebee said:

That guy in the background needs to get of his phone and watch the bloody game ? 

Savagebee - Yes, that always gets my goat to see someone on their mobile phone or reading a programme whilst a match is in progress

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, that always gets my goat to see someone on their mobile phone or reading a programme whilst a match is in progress

Yep save that for half time and full time.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 19:23, Rhodes said:

I gather that the Football Association have spoken to the eight FA Vase and FA Trophy Semi-Finalists to reassure them that they are determined to finish this season’s competitions. No date has been set and options are being kept open until matches are once again able to be played. That will sadden Leighton Town who arguably 'threw away' a great chance to reach the last four of the FA Vase, losing 4-3 at Corinthian in the Sixth Round on 7 March when leading 3-2 with fifteen minutes remaining and conceding the winning goal in stoppage time:

I see that it would have been 'Non League Finals Day' today with both the FA Trophy and FA Vase Finals taking place at Wembley, a wonderful occasion that we have sadly been deprived of and imagine if Leighton Town had somehow managed to get there had they beaten Corinthian in the Quarter Final although of course Hebburn Town would have been a tough nut to crack over two legs:

Billede

• 1 month later...
Had Leighton Town beaten Corinthian in the FA Vase Sixth Round on 7 March at Gay Dawn Farm, or in a replay at Bell Close, they would still be looking forward to a two legged Semi Final and possible Final at Wembley as the FA have re-iterated its intention to play the remainder of the competition once agreement has been reached, dates for the Semi Finals between Consett AFC and Bitton AFC and Hebburn Town and Corinthian will be arranged in due course and before the start of the new 2020/21 season: