Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Buildbase FA Vase Sixth Round

Sorry to jump the gun folks but this is all very exciting, a SSML Club reaching the sixth round of the prestigious FA Vase, hopefully Motty, sorry Karen, can tell us how often that has happened in the past and lets hope Leighton Town can go one, or preferably two, better than in 2017/18 when they lost narrowly to 1874 Northwich. Teams through this afternoon who Leighton Town could meet in Monday's draw are Corinthian, Consett, Plymouth Parkway, Hebburn Town, Wroxham, Bitton and either Atherstone Town or Worcester City who drew 1-1, none of those should be feared by the Bell Close Club although a trip to Northern League Division One Hebburn Town or Consett would certainly be tricky with the travelling factored in.

Karen is in the chair tomorrow to proudly announce the draw for the Sixth Round of the competition with our very own Leighton Town up against either Corinthian, Consett, Plymouth Parkway, Hebburn Town, Wroxham, Bitton and Atherstone Town or Worcester City who replay at Bromsgrove's Victoria Ground on Wednesday evening. I wonder who Leighton Town would like to meet, obviously they would prefer a home draw at Bell Close however going by their amazing performance at Bradford Town yesterday afternoon they probably couldn't care a less who comes out of the velvet bag tomorrow lunchtime, I'm not sure whether the draw will be live on Talk Sport radio again.

Here we go folks:

FA Vase Sixth Round draw (ties due to be played on Sat 29 Feb)

Corinthian v Leighton Town

Wroxham v Bitton

Atherstone Town or Worcester City v Consett

Hebburn Town v Plymouth Parkway

Without getting too confident that’s not a bad draw. I must admit I had to do a little bit of research on Corinthian FC. I did think they were Corinthian Casuals to begin with.

In my opinion Bradford Town away was a harder fixture than this but let’s see. They seem to have been knocking on the promotion door from the SCEL division for a few years now

Leighton Lad - Yes, you're spot on, Leighton Town could have done far worse in the draw and we know from recent wins at Colney Heath and Bradford Town that their away form is just as good as that at Bell Close, if not better. Also travelling wise they are very fortunate as they could have easily been drawn away to Consett, Hebburn Town or Plymouth Parkway.

Corinthian FC looks like an interesting ground doesn't it, I'm sure everyone at Leighton Town will enjoy their visit on 29 February and hopefully be in the Semi Final of the FA Vase come 4.50pm, the draw could have certainly been a lot worse:

IMG_20190530_230456-1024x341.jpg

I see that the ground is in a leafy area of Kent quite close to Brands Hatch and the nearest train station appears to be Longfield: 

corinthian1.jpg

From the Corinthian FC website, £7.00 is great value isn't it for a mouth watering FA Vase Quarter Final when you pay £60.00 or £70.00 to watch a Premier League game with overpaid mercenaries, £4.00 for a programme, over priced food and drink, sit miles from the pitch rubbing shoulders with the prawn sandwich brigade and then have VAR totally ruin it:

CORINTHIAN FC

FA VASE 6th Round Proper

Saturday 29th February 3pm ko

Adults £7.00 entry
Concession £3.00 entry (over 65 years and under 18 years of age)
u18 Entry with accompanying adult only.
If you are fortunate to look under 18 years of age, ID of passport or Driving Licence will be requested for entry (without accompanying adult) or purchasing alcohol at the bar.
Gates open from 1.15pm
Programmes £1.00 each

Edited by Rhodes

Just over a week to go folks, I see that Corinthian only allow under eighteens into Gay Dawn Farm with an accompanied adult too:

Billede

I was actually talking about Corinthian's notice but now you mention it, how will Leighton Town define or interpret a responsible adult. If, for example, they didn't like the look of him or her would the person under eighteen not be allowed to board the coach at Bell Close on 29 February, would the adult still be allowed onto the coach or left behind.

Just to say that £4,125 is peanuts isn't it for winning through to the FA Vase Semi Final next week as is the £30,000 on offer for winning the competition outright albeit, admittedly, it won't do Leighton Town's bank balance any harm. I'm not sure how Club's share the two legged Sem Final gate receipts or if Officials and the away Club's travel expenses are shared, maybe Karen can enlighten us:

The FA Vase ties are set to be played on Saturday 29 February following the draw for the last eight with the winning clubs banking £4,125 from the Football Association’s Prize Fund and the losers receiving £1,375.

A place at May’s Non-League Finals Day awaits the eventual finalists in both the Buildbase FA Trophy and Buildbase FA Vase. The winners of the FA Vase will leave Wembley with £30,000 and the losing finalists with £20,000.

Wroxham v Bitton
Atherston Town v Consett

The clock is ticking isn't it folks:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

Corinthian FC limbered up for Saturday's FA Vase Sixth Round encounter with Leighton Town with a 4-1 victory over K Sports on Saturday in the Southern Counties East League Premier Division which they currently top by one point, I'm sure however that they had one eye fixed on Bell Close and Leighton Town's win over Baldock Town by, coincidentally, the same scoreline. The Gay Dawn Farm Club have no game now until 'the big one' on Saturday and it's incredible isn't it that Leighton Town have to traipse to Wembley tomorrow evening for a league fixture that could have quite easily been put off to later in the campaign taking into account what is at stake on Saturday in leafy Kent:

Billede

Not wanting to wish my life away but I'm sure I speak for everyone here that we would happily give our right arm for it to be 3.00pm on Saturday 29 February right now:

Billede

Lets get ready to rumble folks, I gather the last of the coach tickets were eagerly snapped up from Bell Close this evening and some unlucky fans got turned away, fortunately it's not that far on the train albeit into London and then out again:

Billede

The coach that will transport Leighton Town fans to Corinthian's Gay Dawn Farm on Saturday. Tickets were literally snapped up like hot cakes and I'm not sure whether the Club have laid on another coach or the disappointed fans without tickets will have to drive or get the train to Kent:

Don’t forget to get your coach ticket to Saturdays FA Vase Quarter Final.
They will be available from the Club tonight 26th February
7.30pm - 9pm cost will be £10 each.

Everyone who wants to travel on the coach, need to purchase their ticket in person.

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

I see that Corinthian FC are taking no chances and don't want a repeat of the infamous scenes from the Fourth Round tie between Eynesbury Rovers and Leighton Town, there was also a small disturbance at Bradford Town in the last round albeit from the home support where a water bottle was apparently thrown at an Official. So called 'Challenge 25' will be in operation at Gay Dawn Farm whereby anybody who is over 18 but looks under 25 is to carry identification with them just incase they are challenged:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

On 10/02/2020 at 14:38, Rhodes said:

FA Vase Sixth Round draw (ties due to be played on Sat 29 Feb)

Wroxham v Bitton

Atherstone Town or Worcester City v Consett

Just looking at the three other Sixth Round ties on Saturday and, certainly not wishing to jump the gun or jinx Leighton Town in any way, but should they get through to a two legged Semi Final who would their supremo Joe Sweeney most like to play. I think it is all agreed that Hebburn Town, Consett and Wroxham will be the other Semi Finalists so it's a difficult one and is it actually an advantage to play the First Leg away from home, historically I don't believe it is:

Billede

A preview on 'the big one' from last Sunday's Non League paper and the 'biggest game of Joe Sweeney's managerial career':

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/fa-competitions-more-news/29382/fa-vase-last-eight-countdown-joe-has-power-to-turn-tables/