Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Oxfordshire FA Senior Cup - 2021/22

The First Round draw, hopefully we can follow Ardley United's fortunes further than the First Round of the competition, they travel to Charlton United on Saturday 30 October, kick off 1.30pm:

Results - Oxfordshire FA

Billede

Should, as fully expected, Ardley United beat Charlton United this afternoon, Saturday 30 October, in their Senior Cup First Round tie they will host Summertown Stars on Saturday 27 November in the Second Round following the recent draw at Oxfordshire FA headquarters in Witney. That will be bad news for Hadley who are due to entertain Ardley United that afternoon in a SSML Premier Division fixture:

OFA Senior Cup Round Two Draw 2021/22 - YouTube

As fully expected, Ardley United beat Charlton United this afternoon however they made very heavy weather of it, a groundhopper from another Forum was in attendance. Hadley can now make other arrangements on Saturday 27 November:

Charlton United (1) 2
Ardley United (2) 3

Oxfordshire Senior Cup 1st Round.
Att 65.
Charlton United are from Charlton on Otmoor and play in the Oxfordshire Senior League, not to be confused with Charlton & District from near Banbury who play in the Banbury & District and Lord Jersey which is actually in Northants. The Otmoor version is in the middle of nowhere, Otmoor can be bleak in winter and the beast of Otmoor is probably made up to make Otmoor sound scary.
I've been twice in the past years ago when the ground was a pitch in a field. These days the pitch is roped through wooden stakes and has dugouts and the changing room has been replaced with a two storey structure accommodating dressing rooms and a club bar. Hot drinks were available. There is a pub in the village, but the nearest shop is in a neighbouring village.
The game delayed a week due to Ardley being in the Vase. Ardley were on top from the start and scored a cracking early on through Elliott Osborne-Ricketts who has played for a number of clubs in the Southern League.
They doubled their lead with a penalty midway through the half, but Charlton scored with a good header before the break.
The home team then equalised with a breakaway goal straight after the break. Step 5 Ardley then huffed and puffed and hit the metal work a number of times.
With a few minutes to go Declan Benjamin scored the winner with a shot from the edge of the box, Benjamin has played at a much higher level. Many of Ardley's team played for Kidlington in the Southern League a couple of seasons ago.
Home in a few minutes by car, I did see a bus at one point but how regular they are is unknown. Islip Station is only a few miles away and Bicester Village / Town is not much further. The Oxford to Bicester line could be seen from the ground and the M40 heard.

• 2 months later...

An update on the Oxfordshire FA Senior Cup and the four Quarter Final ties including Ardley United hosting Southern  League Division One Central North Leigh on Tuesday 1 February, KicK off 7.30pm, aIthough I can't see the fixture on Full Time. Ardley United triumphed comfortably 4-0 over Summertown Stars at their Nolan Oils Ground on Saturday 27 November in the Second Round of the competition (see match report beIow):   

Ardley United FC : Ardley United 4 - 0 Summertown Stars AFC

Oxfordshire FA Senior Cup Quarter Finals
Kidlington v Oxford United
Oxford City 4 Easington Sports 1
Thame United v Bicester Hallions
Ardley United v North Leigh (Tuesday 1 February)  

Results - Oxfordshire FA

Edited by Rhodes

• 2 weeks later...

A little premature but lets get ready to rumble, Oxford United unsurprisingly beat Kidlington 3-2 last Wednesday so could Arlesey United travel to the Kassam Stadium in the Semi Final, or indeed host Oxford United:

Tuesday 1 February 

Oxfordshire FA Senior Cup Quarter Final
Ardley United v North Leigh (kick off 7.30pm)

Billede

Huge disappointment for Ardley United having Iead 1-0 at the intervaI and conceding deep into stoppage time: 

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

On 31/01/2022 at 17:10, Rhodes said:

so could Arlesey United travel to the Kassam Stadium in the Semi Final, or indeed host Oxford United:

I must have missed the boundary change of moving Arlesey into Oxfordshire

Karen - Yes, do you sometimes mix ArdIey United and ArIesey Town up, it's confusing isn't it especiaIIy having them in the same division. I gather North Leigh's winning goaI was nine minutes into stoppage team mainIy due to one of the fIoodIights going off for a few minutes near to the end.

A groundhopper from another Forum was present Iast night to witness the disappointment, no programme issued I mean:

Oxfordshire Senior Cup QF.
Ardley United 1-2 North Leigh (I thought it was 'Lee', heard a fan shout a number of times 'come on lie', you live and learn!).
Admission £6, Programme NO "It's a Cup Game", Hmm.
Att Circa 120-150. Coffee £1. White Board Utilised.

A local derby which probably attracted a crowd higher than for normal Saturday league games so disappointing that no paper was issued for me to hug, league games only apparently, and free. Still they had a table set out with half a dozen boxes of old programmes of various clubs for sale, and badges, I saw no one interested in either TBH, sad. A hatch open for food and hot drinks. In my four or so visits here I've never ventured inside the building, it would appear to only contain the kitchen and dressing rooms, but perhaps there is a bar in there somewhere serving alcohol? Not sure. Either way, it's a bit like Fairford Town, with an upper floor and looks rather like a house. My first visit for a couple of years and no obvious changes, still a nice place to watch and still a slope down the pitch from the club building end towards the houses, I stood in shelter under the over hanging trees to right of the stand from the occasional swirling rain.
A game frankly Step 5 Ardley should have won. Their endeavour and appetite for the game gave them the edge for long spells. They led one nil at the break from a neat chest down swivel and finish from Ngathe on 42 minutes.
Much travelled Jefferson Louis scrambled home to equalise on 52 minutes, but Step4 NL struggled to create clear cut opportunities, and Ardley looked more likely to snatch it. NL had finally woken up from their slumber when on about the 80th minute mark one of the floodlights went out. It was cold and windy but the ref kept the players hanging about whilst somebody struggled to find 50p for the meter, which took about 8 or 9 minutes. The light was perfectly acceptable and they could easily have played on. I can't help thinking we are lurching into some sort of health and safety black hole, am I the only one who is struggling to understand why suddenly we have 'medical emergencies' in the crowd at professional games meaning the it's very likely the game is stopped. Did medical emergencies not happen before? Were those who had suffered left to die? I think not. Anyway I digress, after the light from 'one' floodlight was restored it continued end to end, but on 90 minutes Ardley had left themselves short at the back, Louis and Alves broke, and the right winger Alves hit a stunning 15 yarder into the top corner to win the game and progress to the SF. Oxford City and Oxford United are two SFinalists so far. Home in 40 minutes. 

ArdIey United's Iine up Iast night, the CIub have onIy Iifted the trophy once in its history, in the 2013/14 campaign, when beating Kidlington 4-0 at the Kassam Stadium:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

It's no good crying over spiIt miIk is it but the draw for the Semi FinaIs of the competition wouId have seen ArdIey   United traveI to NationaI League South side Oxford City and tread the haIIowed Court Place Farm turf.

Oxford United, Oxford City, Thame and North Leigh in Oxfordshire Senior Cup semi-final draw | Oxford Mail