Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday/Wednesday 30 November/1 December - SSML Results/Reports

The midweek fixtures, Karen has been busy again:

Tuesday 30 November (kick off 7.45pm unless stated)

Premier Division
Oxhey Jets v New Salamis (kick off 7.30pm)
Tring Athletic v Arlesey Town

Division One
Burton Park Wanderers v Irchester United

Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup First Round
Binfield v Milton Keynes Irish
Flackwell Heath v Sandhurst Town

Wednesday 1 December (kick off 7.45pm)

Premier Division
Baldock Town v Harpenden Town

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 30 November 

Premier Division
Oxhey Jets v New Salamis (kick off 7.30pm)

New Salamis will go a clear third with a win at the Boundary Stadium tomorrow, two points behind second place Risborough Rangers:  

Billede

On 29/11/2021 at 17:54, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 30 November

Premier Division
Tring Athletic v Arlesey Town

I wonder which Arlesey Town will show up at Cow Lane this evening, the one that won 4-1 at Leverstock Green or the one who lost 4-0 at Hadley, see the match programme:

https://issuu.com/tringafc/docs/2021.11.30_arlesey_town

Billede

Shocking 2nd 45 from the Jets after going in deservedly 2-1 up at half time with a Giordamana brace. 

Never in it after the break though and the wheels came off in predictable fashion, 2 stonewall penalties, a panenka and a red card, as soon as Salamis equalised soon after the restart Jets watchers just knew what was coming. Without Ferrell Charles the defence are always on the back foot, Saturday was pretty woeful and so was this. 

The manager tore into them for 20 minutes after the one sided 5-4 loss to AVD, this feels worse because we were well on top first half. Not exactly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory but a definite Jekyll & Hyde performance. The second of 5 home games in a row, in which we've conceded 9. Doesn't auger well.

Get well soon Ferrell, we need you back!

The resuIts:

Tuesday 30 November 

Premier Division
Oxhey Jets 2 New Salamis 4
Tring Athletic 0 Arlesey Town 1

Division One
Burton Park Wanderers 2 Irchester United 0

Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup First Round
Binfield 2 Milton Keynes Irish 1
Flackwell Heath 1 Sandhurst Town 1 (Sandhurst Town won 4-3 on 
pens)

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I wonder which Arlesey Town will show up at Cow Lane this evening, the one that won 4-1 at Leverstock Green or the one who lost 4-0 at Hadley

So it was Dr Jekyll rather than Mr Hide who showed up at Cow Lane then, see Arlesey Town's winning goal after just ten minutes:  

On 29/11/2021 at 17:54, Rhodes said:

Wednesday 1 December (kick off 7.45pm)

Premier Division
Baldock Town v Harpenden Town

The match programme:

files.pitchero.com/clubs/1770/K1sX1RPkRLS6nZ1PvwPx_Programme_Vol+14_Iss12_Harpenden.pdf

This evening's solitary result: 

Wednesday 1 December 

Premier Division
Baldock Town 1 Harpenden Town 2

Oxhey Jets v New Salamis 2-4

I was also at this one, and was surprised at the outcome, as this was a game that Jets could, and should, have won.  They were the better team in the first half, and when they went in 2-1 up at the interval, I fully expected them to go on and win.

As VB points out above however, the wheels came off, and what disappointed me most was that as soon as the equaliser came, almost the whole of the Jets' side seemed to give up, as if defeat was inevitable.  From then on, clumsy tackles and schoolboy defending handed the game to Salamina.

Sean Giordmana's father was there, at his first game this season, and just before kick-off he shouted to his son that there was £20 in it for him if he scored a hat-trick.  When Sean scored on 25, and again on 32, I thought that surely the money was his, but even he was afflicted by the collective malaise that overcame the Jets, and in the second half he barely got a touch.

I also thought that there was some tactical naivety.  I would question the wisdom of always leaving three men up in the centre circle when defending corners.  This may be ok when you're in front and want to keep the opposition guessing, but when you are on the back foot, and being outplayed, and have already conceded from a corner, I would suggest that your defence needs all the help it can get.

Ah well, a winnable game today against Baldock, surely ?   

(I was sitting next to the New Salamis committee members, who seem to be an eccentric bunch.  They think that Ardley United play in Watford, and that Leighton Town play in East London...}    

Edited by agamemnon3

On 29/11/2021 at 21:24, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 30 November 

Premier Division
Oxhey Jets 2 New Salamis 4

And YouTube highlights:

Oxhey Jets v New Salamis - YouTube

19 hours ago, agamemnon3 said:

Oxhey Jets v New Salamis 2-4

I was also at this one, and was surprised at the outcome, as this was a game that Jets could, and should, have won.  They were the better team in the first half, and when they went in 2-1 up at the interval, I fully expected them to go on and win.

As VB points out above however, the wheels came off, and what disappointed me most was that as soon as the equaliser came, almost the whole of the Jets' side seemed to give up, as if defeat was inevitable.  From then on, clumsy tackles and schoolboy defending handed the game to Salamina.

Sean Giordmana's father was there, at his first game this season, and just before kick-off he shouted to his son that there was £20 in it for him if he scored a hat-trick.  When Sean scored on 25, and again on 32, I thought that surely the money was his, but even he was afflicted by the collective malaise that overcame the Jets, and in the second half he barely got a touch.

I also thought that there was some tactical naivety.  I would question the wisdom of always leaving three men up in the centre circle when defending corners.  This may be ok when you're in front and want to keep the opposition guessing, but when you are on the back foot, and being outplayed, and have already conceded from a corner, I would suggest that your defence needs all the help it can get.

Ah well, a winnable game today against Baldock, surely ?   

(I was sitting next to the New Salamis committee members, who seem to be an eccentric bunch.  They think that Ardley United play in Watford, and that Leighton Town play in East London...}    

'Eccentric'. ? 

I too was at this game. Even first half possession-wise but on good chances, Oxhey Jets should have led by more.

Second half it was mostly New Salamis and after grabbing an early equalizer went on to win the game via 2 penalties.