Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup - 2023/24

Once again St PanteIeimon are the only SSML Club competing in the Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup and traveI to Ashford Town (Middx) in the First Round of the competition:

https://www.middlesexfa.com/cups-and-competitions/cups/2023-24/senior-charity-cup/fixtures

• 2 months later...

According to Full Time and the Middlesex FA website St PanteIeimon's Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup First Round visit to Isthmian League South Central Division Ashford Town (Middx) will take place on Sunday 26 November, kick off 7.45pm, watch this space for confirmation:

https://www.middlesexfa.com/cups-and-competitions/cups/2023-24/senior-charity-cup/fixtures

Full First Round details:

Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup First Round
Ashford Town (Middx) v St Panteleimon (Sunday 26 November, tbc)
Spelthorne Sports Club 3 Harefield United 3  (Spelthorne Sports Club win 5-4 on pens)
Rayners Lane v Brook House (Tuesday 21 November)
North Greenford United v Hillingdon Borough (Tuesday 12 December
Broadfields United 5 Enfield Borough 0
Bedfont Sports v Southall (Tuesday 21 November)
Edgware & Kingsbury 1 Uxbridge 2
Hanwell Town v Rising Ballers Kensington (Tuesday 21 November)

On 12/11/2023 at 21:41, Rhodes said:

According to Full Time and the Middlesex FA website St PanteIeimon's Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup First Round visit to Isthmian League South Central Division Ashford Town (Middx) will take place on Sunday 26 November, kick off 7.45pm, watch this space for confirmation:

Yes, surprise surprise, St PanteIeimon's Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup First Round visit to Isthmian League South Central Division Ashford Town (Middx) will be taking place on Tuesday 28 November, kick off 7.45pm, not on Sunday 26 November:

Revised First Round details:

Ashford Town (Middx) v St Panteleimon (Tuesday 28 November)
Spelthorne Sports Club 3 Harefield United 3  (Spelthorne Sports Club win 5-4 on pens)
Rayners Lane 6 Brook House 0
North Greenford United v Hillingdon Borough (Tuesday 12 December
Broadfields United 5 Enfield Borough 0
Bedfont Sports P Southall (Southall walkover)
Edgware & Kingsbury 1 Uxbridge 2
Hanwell Town v Rising Ballers Kensington (tbc)

Edited by Rhodes

St Panteleimon travel to Ashford Town (Middx) this evening in their interesting looking Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup First Round tie:

Tuesday 28 November (kick off 7.45pm)

Ashford Town (Middx) v St Panteleimon

Kan være et billede af fodbold og tekst, der siger "MATCHDAY MATCHDAY MATCHDAY MATC ASTORD TOWN (MIDD TAROLS @ල Middlesex FA T.PANTELEIMON FOOTBALL CLUB V FIRST TUESDAY 28TH NOVEMBER 2023 KO 7:45PM ROBERT PARKER STADIUM, TW19 7BH >>>"

Edited by Rhodes

I don't have any official confirmation as to what actually happened, but I'm hearing that St Panteleimon refused to play on and walked off the pitch after two players were sent off inside the first half hour.  Game abandoned at 0-0, and presumably the tie awarded to Ashford.  I imagine we'll hear more over the next couple of days.

15 hours ago, agamemnon3 said:

I don't have any official confirmation as to what actually happened, but I'm hearing that St Panteleimon refused to play on and walked off the pitch after two players were sent off inside the first half hour.  Game abandoned at 0-0, and presumably the tie awarded to Ashford.  I imagine we'll hear more over the next couple of days.

Agamemnon3 - Thanks, a groundhoppers from another Forum was present last night with a couple of members putting their twopennysworth in, as you say it's likely Ashford Town (Middx) will be awarded the tie however you have to sympathise with St Panteleimon if the Referee was one of these 'jobsworths' that you don't see so much of these days at our level compared to years gone by:

Middlesex Charity Cup First Round
Ashford Town (Middlesex) 0 St. Panteleimon 0
Abandoned after 28 minutes.away team walked off

Attendance 26
Well, that was different.
The only previous abandonment I'd been to was at Staines Town, when a biblical bladoosh stopped a game after 8 minutes.
In the lowest crowd I've ever witnessed for an Ashford game (they used to get 30+ in their fledgeling Combined Counties seasons) the away number 8 got an early booking for simulation (someone nearer the incident than me told me later it was a foul, and someone else suggested the ref was giving Ashford every decision) then, in the 25th minute, the same player got clattered. My mates and I could see from the other side of the pitch he'd been fouled. A video on St. Panteleimon's TwiX account confirms it, second yellow given for simulation. Sorry, what? Mayhem. Even Ashford's bench and players protested it wasn't a second yellow. Unfortunately, during the to-ing and fro-ing on the pitch trying to calm players down, the away 9 swore at an Official in a language which the other official nearby knew. This was confirmed to me by an away chap after the game. Straight red for the 9, away team walks off in protest.
Ashford have apparently been awarded the tie 3-0. St. Panteleimon may get a hefty fine but, from what we Ashford fans saw, one of the officials made a terrible decision for the second 'simulation' which indirectly caused the situation and I hope the away team get treated lightly by the relevant FA given the filmed evidence. Apparently, it's the third time St. Panteleimon have had this particular ref and they've had 'issues' on each occasion. It should be said the away committee and players could have been angry in the clubhouse after the abandonment, but some kept themselves to themselves and others were very friendly and approachable.

If the Middlesex FA of 2023 is anything like the Middlesex FA I worked for, Ashford will be awarded the tie via walkover. St. Panteleimon will be charged with 'causing a match to be abandoned', their tweeter will be asked for their observations and any charges for individual players will depend on what's in the referee's report.
The video evidence may or may not help their cause (I've watched it and while from the angle the club provided at least one of the incident looked like a foul to me) but walking off the pitch isn't the way to deal with a referee's decision you disagree with, whether it is wrong or not.

Under FA law I thought both sides had to be charged in an abandoned match, whether or not the abandonment was caused solely by one side.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2023 at 01:49, agamemnon3 said:

I don't have any official confirmation as to what actually happened, but I'm hearing that St Panteleimon refused to play on and walked off the pitch after two players were sent off inside the first half hour.  Game abandoned at 0-0, and presumably the tie awarded to Ashford. I imagine we'll hear more over the next couple of days.

Agamemnon3 - Have you heard anymore and whether St Panteleimon are going to be unceremoniously expelled from the competition following their refusal to play on.

• 1 month later...

Agamemnon3 - Yes, Ashford Town (Middx) were awarded the First Round tie but I don't expect St Panteleimon were that fussed or that was the impression I got:

Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup Quarter Finals
North Greenford United or Hillingdon Borough v Rayners Lane
Southall 0 Broadfields United 0 (Broadfields United win 4-2 on pens)
Uxbridge v Ashford Town (Middx)

Hanwell Town v Spelthorne Sports