Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slough Town Cup Finals

29 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I've noticed that all the Slough Town Cup finals are still being held at Burnham fc.

Once we have control of Arbour Park hopefully we can get all the local cup finals held in their rightful place back in Slough.  

25 years now, think it was the '99 one that started at Burnham.

I did mention this recently to the East Berks League about whether anyone had tried to get them back at Slough Town and they said someone contacted the club when we moved to AP but never heard back.

Would be good to get them back at the club, bring in a few quid as well bar wise, if the weather is decent there is usually a really good crowd at the Good Friday one, 30 of us going tomorrow morning starting at Huntswood for brekkie at 8.30am.

19 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I can only put it down cost, Burnham being cheaper.

Hopefully when in charge of AP we can lower our prices and get the local cup finals back in Slough.

Hopefully.

The balance between lowering the price but getting some good takings bar wise is definitely there to be struck.

I think it was fairly recently it was a warm Easter and I believe there was over 500 people there at the Good Friday one.

50 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Hopefully when in charge of AP we can lower our prices and get the local cup finals back in Slough.

I hope I'm wrong, but it looks to me like the council are regretting ever building Arbour Park, as they're (last I saw) in negotiations with us for a 25-year lease with an increased rent (for us) of £15k a year and with us being responsible for yearly maintenance (including potentially relaying the pitch).

Obviously we'd need to rent the pitch out to recover these costs, but the Council aren't getting much business from it with the current prices. I hope you're right in hoping we'll be in a position to offer lower ones (if we'd even get the rent for these things)!

Edited by Nathan