Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ian Hodges - re Corinithian Casuals

I noticed that in our matchday programme that our goal in the away game against Corinthian Casuals has been given to Ian Hodges, from memory, and that is not very good as i can`t usually remember what happened yesterday, but i think the ball was played in and was quite clearly sliced into the net by their number 2 or 3 with Hodgey no where near! I don`t want to take goals away from him! but how can he claim this?!! How many goals has he got now and what is the record in a season for slough?

Although I'm not saying that Hodgey is trying to get it credited to him, I really hate this claim on goals by strikers who play almost no part in the ball ending up in the net.

I think it goes back to 1987 when Clive Allen claimed a 'goal' against Watford in the FA Cup semi-final when it was blatantly an own goal by John McClelland as Allen's shot was going miles wide before the deflection. Allen claims that season to have scored 50 goals although if he was given one's like that he probably actually only scored 30. Just one of a very long list of reasons I have for despising Tottenham!

Our goal at Casuals was a 100% own goal by their number 2.