Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It's Ashford

well i went to all the games we played at ashford last year and i tbh thought it was a ok ground it only adds like 20 mins extra to trip so its no real problem.

If people are prepared to go to Dover I don't see that Ashford is that much more of a journey. OK, it is a nightmare by train but very few fans went to Dover by train.

P.S Out of interest, how much is it to hire a supporters coach to Ashford?

So the club KNOW this is not what the supporters want? Well isn't that a fair way to treat us then. . not! Just cant believe other grounds locally wouldnt welcome us with open arms and though not up to scratch with details of the ground criteria cannot believe some grounds locally are not on a par, at least with homelands.As for the ground there , yes its a fair ground but for spectators its absolutely useless.Theres nothing better than to be looking down onto the game and seeing it all happen. Not so at ashford. As for the people that say I and others are whinging then all I can say to that is that you may be prepared to live in hope alone but though I live in hope I also live in expectation and therefore my whinging should, if followed, be the insurgence needed for this club to get moving and let us know WHEN the ground will commence re-building. Am fed up to the back teeth about all this waiting for permission and signatures etc. These were all meant to be in place on several occasions yet here we are again still no-more forward than before. We dropped a league so that work could commence but even though we are down a rung there is still no improvement elsewhere.I too have supported this club over 50 years and have attended at some bad times too.I have followed this club and supported it through thick and thin but now the silences are there and without regular updates its really annoying me.As you all know by now I have always put this delay and demotion down to the council not bending over backwards to helping us but as I heard it, and that was from the horses mouth directly, a MR.Ezekiel, going down a league would have been acceptable by the council. So wheres the snags?? Finances were supposed to be in place, permission was granted to re-build inside the ground and the council have no more objections now that we have sacrifised our conference status.What IS the hold up? And the TRUTH please this time.Some blame, as much as I hate to say it MUST be with the club not being honest.I hate whinging but in this instance I cannot help but do so, and with good cause too in my opinion.

This dosent make me any LESS a supporter than before may I emphasise.

What other grounds would have welcomed us with 'open arms'? And would they have had the required grading? I suspect it was always going to be a choice between Ashford and Dover.

Ground grading is about much more than having the right number of stands and seats. I somehow can't see the Conference allowing games to be staged at Ramsgate and Herne Bay. Of course it is unfair when we are dealing with crowds of hundreds rather than thousands, but that's the way it is.

Personaly as a car driver who does his bit by giving lifts to others, some of whom wouldnt have gone to dover even,i was always suprised and to a point dissapointed that other supporters used to turn up on there todd. surly in this age of computors and mobile phones it is possible to organise a lift for those who cannotget. Also it is only a 2 mile or so taxi ride from the station,a taxi is usualy licenced to carry bettween 4 and 6 passengers so you split the fare 4 to 6 ways and book a return journey. As for the Homelands and the Ashford club i realy enjoyed the atmosphere at last seasons games and look forward to getting to as many games as possible next season. Unlike Dover i was made to feel welcome, and was not left feeling ripped off by the caterers. My personal view is, Get of your A---S and get together to give the club the support they need.

I am sorry that our two clubs could not find a fiancial agreement that suits both parties but times are hard for all us league clubs without a sugar daddy or mommy!

I think the main points are, you will still have

1/ A club

2/ A team

3/ A manager

Be happy and support what you've got it,could have been much worse! MFC will need all the support you can muster so get behind your lads and make that little extra effort.

Whilst i only made it to Ashford once, i thouight it was a good club and decent ground.

Ok i am lucky in that i have a car and in particular ,some of the younger fans whose support is equally required dont.

The main failing here yet again seems to be a lack of vision and leadership.Surely all it needed was two lines of explanation of why the decision to go to Ashford had to be made-i.e more than Dover have too many commitments-and an official statement that hopefully fans will stick by the club a bit longer.We are sorry but we are doing our best in difficult circumstances.

That does not put the situation right,and mant will remain unhapy, but all i continue to see is a lack of respect from the club to its supporters.

The club must try harder to win over hearts and minds.The club do seem to be trying hard to alienate people

1 statements from the club are condescending and the way things are said make us seem like we are just a pile of s***.

2 things have not improved from the parmenter days as far as communication and a sense of bonding between club and fans goes.

3 f*** off blueblood i will choose when i get off my a*** and when i dont.

I havent got unlimited faith, as former fan says, but what is in my power that I can do to affect the situation? Nothing. Will ranting and raving, cursing and throwing my toys out of the pram help? No. Therefore I make a decision to keep supporting my club even though times are tough. Have I considered going to watch other local clubs? Yes. Could I, having thrown so much commitment into this one? I am not sure but I do think I would never feel the same about another club.

My feeling is that many feel the same. Let's hope some of them make it to a match or three. And those that find it hard to get to Ashford should not be blamed for that, if they continue to support the club.

Who knows, if CK can put a team together which can really play, as we know he can as he has done it before, we might pick up a little Ashford following as well.

Well said rich G. I also leave near Sutton and Carshalton at Shirley, so hopefully work permitting i will be there. Maybe car share for home games ?

I'm also fed with the moaners. The club have got a good ground at a better price than Dover. If you support the club you should make the effort. Ashford were good to us last season and the staff very friendly. Remember also, it is a shorter distance for away supporters to travel and easy to get to for them. We will be the team to beat next season along with Weymouth as we were not relegated on points. A good start could set us up for a good return to Hartsdown later on in the year.

To avoid further disappointment, frankly i would settle for survival in conf south next year,and maybe a mid table finish.

I can't see anything better, but would be happy with that .

Whilst not sharing all of 'former fans' views, i do agree that a bit of BONDING would not go amiss.

I think we would like to feel a bit more wanted as supporters !!

Ashford seem to be more friendly to the supporters than MFC itself ?

'Raring to go'

Not sure I can be arsed to go to homelands. I think I'd rather go to the away games. Just when you think things can't get worse they always seem to.

If you love the club you will travel anywhere to see them play..

I personally can't because im now even furthur away but when we went there for the cup replay I thought it was a really nice ground a little on the small side but not bad.

The point here is that the club are still in business and have somewhere to play home games for at least part of next season.

Hopefully after that we will have Hartsdown back and we will all be happy again.

Yeh! Yeh! Yeh! We keep hearing all this that we are still going but though that is a good thing its not what we want to hear.The ground, the ground, the ground. THATS what we want to hear about. The ground, The ground, The ground!!!!

Sorry, but i will not be taking your advice. I do apologise if my comments hit a raw nerve. never mind. i think your hanle says more than enough.