Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The upgraded site

Minor niggles I have spotted...

1. Navigation is back in the other direction now! As you look at the list of posts, "Next" is above and "Previous" is below. Just something to get used to (personally, I think it makes more sense this way).

2. Strange things in quotes. If you quote a message with the character "&" in it, the reply sometimes shows that as "&" and, if that has happened, any further quote will show the "&" of "&" as "&" so you end up with "&". No doubt somwhere down the line you will get "&" ad infinitum. That has happened with the thread subject for the thread which started as "Bowers & Pitsea Manager" on the Essex Senior League forum.

3. Also in quotes... I'm not sure if this happens in all of them, but I have seen at least one post where the animated gif graemlin thingies were replaced by the XHTML code that was supposed to show them.

4. There is still that problem with the page updating itself when I go into another web page in a different tab in the same Mozilla window. So far it hasn't just blanked the screen on the forum tab which sometimes happened under the old version. Does this have anything to do with the shout box updating? Actually, this sometimes happens (as it has just now) when I am in the tab where the forum is open.

Have I been asleep? I'm sure I never noticed the "Jump to first unread post" link before. If it has always been there, good job I woke up! Otherwise, please make sure this one stays with the forums when any future upgrades take place. It is definitely appreciated in this neck of the woods!