Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Chatham Town

Poor performance.  Chatham should have been ahead at half time.  Better second half but they deserved the draw.  When we played it on the ground we were good but too many periods with lots of long, aimless balls.

Interesting lineup and tactics by Gavin, missing key players in each area of the pitch. In that respect I think it was a good performance against a solid Chatham team. Good to see Mckenzie, Ollie Knight and the masked DAH back in the starting lineup.

Two fine goals from Knight and nearly a third which might have challenged the goal of the season running.

Their no.11 was probably one of the most effective players I've seen this season in this league. Again, Dylan did an admirable job trying to contain him, but what a handful.

Looked like Robbins had another unfortunate mistake (after Wednesday's) for their second goal, slicing it into his own net. Not sure what his status is at the club, maybe temporary cover for Parcell but Mickey's suspension is over and is available for Wednesday.

Their second was also marred by a whistle from the crowd. Some of their fans said that this happened in one of their previous games too and they knew who it was but no action has been taken. The ref threatened to abandon the game if it happened again yesterday! 

Anyway, on to the playoffs and Wingate on Wednesday. Hopefully we can play our strongest team and do ourselves proud.

Speaking of goal of the season, that went to Taffe for his 40 yd lob against Cheshunt. Golden boot, supporter's player and one other award (young player?) went to Wylie. Management's player of the year went to Sam Youngs. Overheard Gavin say it was for what he does off the pitch as well as on it. All good choices.

Once again, Gavins tactics were spot on. Could so easily have won this game and he has the nice problem of who to leave out on Wednesday. 

if Horsham win we are still at home for the play off final if we can beat Wingate.

I thought Robbins had a good game and it’s unfair to blame him for the debacle caused by a rogue whistle.

Marcus has been amazing but I voted for Sam based on his on field performances and midfield goal tally. 

Good summary from Symptomless. I also thought we played well against a strong Chatham team. The starting 11 was not what I expected but we more than held our own. The only point I add to earlier summaries is the outstanding double save which Adi Connolly made in the first half. When the video highlights are up, look for those. We are very lucky to have two such capable GKs in the squad.

Many congratulations to Marcus Wyllie for the various awards - well deserved! Same to Sam Youngs who is fast becoming an ETFC midfield legend like Rudi Hall.

I think we are set up nicely for Weds night against Wingate and can’t wait. The manager and the whole team deserve to get through to the play-off final - here’s hoping we do it👍🥂

i can’t believe that Gavin’s team selection was tactical because the game was far to important for that … i’m sure we will find out but we must have an injury crisis …. the true extent of how important this game was will come to light only if we beat W&F and Chatham win.. then we will face the unenviable task of beating a very strong side on their horrid plastic pitch and anyone like myself who went to Chatham earlier in the season will testify how difficult that will be….. as for yesterday we were totally outplayed in the first half with Yila doing what he did at their place and turning us inside out…as symptom said the best player i’ve ever seen at this level and definitely National League premier standard….Olly Knights thunderbolt would have been a great way to win the game …. it was a spirited effort Dylan again doing the leg work and making a valiant job of stopping Yila…. Come on Town and Come on Horsham…. i never want to see Yila again…..

Two teams both not playing there regular lineups enfield looked totally disjointed in the first half in which we gave there standout individual Yila the freedom of the pitch Cass was getting little support up front and to be honest we should have been at least 3 down at half time,in the second half at least we decided to try and mark Yila and it paid dividends as we gained the initiative but overall a draw was a fair result unfortunately there second goal was somewhat controversial and it would be interesting to see and hear a replay of it ,if we have to play Chatham again in the playoff final I hope Gavin will instruct someone to mark Yila this time