Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Need Feedback on the 'New Post' indicators

Hi,

I made some changes in the early hours of this morning (Thur 7th), that hopefully has improved the 'New Post' indicators.

I welcome feedback on this.

Before you test it, I suggest you close down all your browser windows and open them up again. You shouldn't need to log out or clear your cookies, but with so many recent minor changes, you might have to clear the cookies if these have become corrupted.

In my own tests, everthing is now working - but your experience may be different. If it is, I need to know as much details as possible.

1) Your browser and version of browser

2) What forum you were on, which links you clicked on and what the result was.

The more info you can give me, the more chance I have of replicating the problem and fixing it.

Many thanks,

Ian

(BTW - if this is all fixed, I will carry on adding extra features)

Hmmm.... I am having problems making it fail - all the new post indicators appear to be working on the index page, and I get dropped down to the first post. Will continue to look into it.

Would be grateful of feedback from others - or I do I take the lack of complaints, as all being okay now??? laugh.gif

Thanks.

Okay - can you all try something for me....

I am assuming that if you navigate to the top level of the forums, say via the 'Main Index' link at the top, you do NOT see the posts & threads columns looking like

The Pub.... 716 [color:"red"](3)[/color] 9636 [color:"red"](14) [/color]

If this is the case....

Close down the browser window(s) containing the forums - waiting 10 minutes or so - then go to http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forum - does the new post tracking now work?

I think it is failing when you enter directly at the postlist.php (individual forum), showflat.php (thread) or showthreaded.php (thread) stages.

If you can confirm this for me, I would be grateful. Also certain stylesheets do not show the new posts under postlist.php on a different colour going from left to right on the page (however it should show the number of new posts to the thread in red, and have a different colour folder to the far left) - the default stylesheet does show all these.

Thanks.