Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

From the Flackwell website

Ryan.c

Underdogs hunt glory

Party on the park: Reece White takes the congratulations after his last-gasp winner put Flackwell Heath to within 90 minutes of the

By Dave Peters

FLACKWELL and Thame are just 90 minutes away from taking on the likes of Wycombe Wanderers after both overturned the formbook to seal their place in the final qualifying round of the FA Cup.

Flackwell bridged a two-divison gap to knock out Ryman Premier Division Harrow Borough with a last-minute goal from supersub Reece White.

And Thame joined them in the fourth qualifying round when they defeated Weymouth 2-1 in a replay on Tuesday.

Flackwell will now visit Ryman Premier Division full-timers Billericay in the fourth round qualifying on Saturday, October 30 with the draw for the first round proper taking place at 5pm that evening.

Goal hero White said: "It was crazy. They all jumped on me when I scored. It is the most important goal of my career."

The substitute came up trumps to hit the winner after Matt Glynn's shot was saved.

The 23-year-old, who refurbishes offices for a living, said: "As I went onto the field the coach shouted the script is all written for you to go and get the winner. I thought yeah, right', and brushed it aside. But he was right.

"It's the furthest I've ever been in the competition. There is a real buzz around the club. Everyone wants to get into the first round. It would be crazy if we could do that. We think we can do it. We know they are full-time but we have already beaten teams from their league and they are only 11 guys.

"We've got seven or eight players who are capable of playing in their league."